Cut-Throat League? Is this going to be like waiting for DIablo 3's pvp

Can this just be released already.

I dont want to wait for something that their is no point waiting for. The game is fine just release the league so players can build their economy ect.

Dont want to waste time in hardcore anymore since I know where Im gonna play.

This is turning out to be like waiting for Diablo 3's pvp.
Rush something and you'll regret it later.
IGN: Mibuwolf
"
mibuwolf wrote:
Rush something and you'll regret it later.

the game is fine man, nothing is rushed.

people can just start playing on it like any other league, if u dont wanna play their then dont.

look how long d3 took to release... and ya... its garbage, no point delaying this stuff.. just fix on the go or whatever,

game has fine balance ect... people learn to adapt, and neone choosing to play on cutthroat league wont cry anyways...

thats for people playing default and on hardcore, aka ... NINJA LOOTING OMG>

boring.....

like i wanna play this game already, but i cant since my league is not available.
i certainly dont wanna sink more hours into a league i know im not gonna play.

please chris , you have done a great job with the game , no need to worry about it
Last edited by TheScientist on Feb 19, 2013, 1:16:16 PM
While I don't really have any desire to play in Cutthroat, aside from the short race events, the guy has a point. They ran the events in closed beta, albeit in short durations, so the implementation is there. The people that want to play it REALLY want to play it, and would probably take any implementation of cutthroat at this point. Improvements are always welcome, but what exactly is GGG working on that requires holding off on running a cutthroat league? People are going to die anyways, so I don't think anybody would be too upset if it's imbalanced for at least a little while as long as they are playing it.

I guess I'm probably just not up to speed with what GGG hopes to accomplish with cutthroat before releasing it. It seems like the sort of thing they can fire and forget, since it will be dog-eat-dog anyways.
"
ZasZ314 wrote:
While I don't really have any desire to play in Cutthroat, aside from the short race events, the guy has a point. They ran the events in closed beta, albeit in short durations, so the implementation is there. The people that want to play it REALLY want to play it, and would probably take any implementation of cutthroat at this point. Improvements are always welcome, but what exactly is GGG working on that requires holding off on running a cutthroat league? People are going to die anyways, so I don't think anybody would be too upset if it's imbalanced for at least a little while as long as they are playing it.

I guess I'm probably just not up to speed with what GGG hopes to accomplish with cutthroat before releasing it. It seems like the sort of thing they can fire and forget, since it will be dog-eat-dog anyways.

hey thanks alot man.

also im sure the people that want to play and are afraid of getting killed ect will build their own guild, friends, whatever it may be to play with.

if someone sees a random running at them on the map its not hard to hit escape and quit the game, old fashioned d2 style

plus, not many people will be so pro right away that they can grieve everyone,

meh, basically what im saying is that a league of this nature would sort itself out over time,

any additions ect, would always be welcome as they are inevitable anyways

like im literally sitting here, wanting to play, but dont cause i know im just wasting time building a character that i have no desire to play once cutthroat is released.

also lets face the fact, cutthroat league is for people that have nothing going for themselves anyways (people who hate thier life), just let us create our own misery please.
Last edited by TheScientist on Feb 19, 2013, 1:24:06 PM
I would like to point out that PoE is not even out of Beta. GGG are most likely going to release cut-throat league shortly before 1.0 release of this game (I think). Compare that to D3 where pvp was released several months AFTER the 1.0 release
My (somewhat empty for now) Rampage shop thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1014634
Take a look :)
"
WhisperByte wrote:
I would like to point out that PoE is not even out of Beta. GGG are most likely going to release cut-throat league shortly before 1.0 release of this game (I think). Compare that to D3 where pvp was released several months AFTER the 1.0 release

saying the game is stil in beta is kinda a joke, the game is released, nothing more to be said, it has already been in the real beta phase long ago.

also, d3 didnt release pvp for like close to a year, it just got released like a week ago and its horrible,

they shoulda just released it at launch and saved themselves the embarrassment.

they literally just made people hate the company and lost tons of reputation

making promises and then not fulfilling them in a timely manner is getting really old, people arent really tolerating it anymore and usually will look elsewhere, just look at the opportunity it created for poe.
Last edited by TheScientist on Feb 19, 2013, 1:27:46 PM
They will have it, just give them some time. Still open beta, and they have a small dev team.
"
WhisperByte wrote:

Keep in mind that GGG, for all intents and purposes, considers the game released at this point. Obviously there are still things to be tweaked, and GGG will constantly be improving the game and releasing additional content, but now that the game is free to play, open to the public, and their business model with microtransactions is in full-swing, you can't really call this just a beta test. Any announcement they make in the future along the lines of "Hey, beta is over, it is released!" will likely be ceremonial in nature and we will just keep playing like we always have.

That said, now that the game is open to the public and they are trying to get people motivated to buy microtransactions, they need to be aware of what their player-base wants to play. If people spend a lot of time playing your game, they are more likely to buy little cosmetic doodads within the game, that's just how the F2P model works. There is a subset of PoE players, no matter how small it may be, that is only interested in playing the cutthroat league. Why deprive them of that, especially when you have given them a taste of what it's like in the closed beta events? Especially when this subset of players isn't likely to care that the league isn't quite tuned correctly or is imbalanced, because that's sort of the whole spirit of cutthroat anyways.

If there is something they specifically want to address before its release, that's fine, but they've been abnormally quiet about cutthroat compared to some of the other things they have coming down the pipe.
Really looking forward to the short length cut-throat races =D

Even if the game has pretty much entered a 'soft-release' already, the dev team is tiny and still seem to be focused on the post-OB issues (desyncs/servers) so be a little patient =)

That said, hope GGG go ahead and release an alpha version of the league or something just to get it out. Blatant balance issues ofc, but that didn't stop them from launching the pvp system. Just resetting the cutthroat league every 3-5 days or something might work as a stopgap yet allowing people to go around hacking each other up =D

Don't think we'll get the whole D3 pvp deal, difference in development philosophies aside, if the issue with cutthroat is balance and flow, GGG will need to get players to test out stuff anyways to nail down the system (so hopefully cutthroat races soon =D)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info