Evasion is cancer

Yup... tried my first eva based character... never again :)

40-50% eva with 40% dodge is just not enough.

Why eva works in other games is cause u can get it to 80-90% and it will reliably work.

PS: block is king forever.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2016, 11:38:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i will take a wild guess and say that eva works better in other games becouse chars dont get 1 shooted on the first hit they fail to evade.

hard counters like phys spells dont help either.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Forget about evasion, it will never be worth it with entropy system.

Stack dodge (pretty easy now rqider and all those new items), grab a Kintsugi and Iron Reflex. Boom

Now when your dodge fail you take 20% less on the next hit and got real armor behind to help you survive. You can't evade spell anyway.
"
caboom wrote:
i will take a wild guess and say that eva works better in other games becouse chars dont get 1 shooted on the first hit they fail to evade.

That's correct.

Block also has the benefit of spell block being rather easy to get, while evasion characters only have phase acrobatics and a couple of items to help with that.

It's funny how even damage-wise, block builds have some absolutely insane stuff like revenge/reckoning and shield charge that feel like plain cheating.
Last edited by Raudram on Jun 24, 2016, 11:46:35 AM
you can't use evasion on it's own. it needs to be paired with block basically. since it goes evasion first, dodge, then block. if you have all 3 the game has to roll 3 times to see if you take no damage
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
going pure evasion is as smart as going pure armor

not smart at all
"
laycast wrote:
you can't use evasion on it's own. it needs to be paired with block basically. since it goes evasion first, dodge, then block. if you have all 3 the game has to roll 3 times to see if you take no damage

because you talk about dogde ... it is especially smart to also take block as there is no drawback to phase/acro.
also as a bow user it is very easy to take the additional block nodes in that area as bows count as dual wield.

Spoiler
/s
"
_Zerk_ wrote:

Why eva works in other games is cause u can get it to 80-90% and it will reliably work.

lol. Dodge (and somewhat evasion) works just like evasion... Either you block / dodge / evade all or you receive the full bulk of damage. PoE is based around layered defense. This is the #1 rule for defenses for the wast majority of builds out there.

Evasion is fine.

Use Basalt Flask, Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Endurance Charge, etc. etc. etc. on top of evasion (or on top of armor for that matter).
Last edited by Frankenberry on Jun 24, 2016, 1:01:08 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
_Zerk_ wrote:

lol. Dodge (and somewhat evasion) works just like evasion... Either you block / dodge / evade all or you receive the full bulk of damage. PoE is based around layered defense. This is the #1 rule for defenses for the wast majority of builds out there.

Evasion is fine.

Use Basalt Flask, Taste of Hate, Lightning Coil, Endurance Charge, etc. etc. etc. on top of evasion (or on top of armor for that matter).

This.

I have 45% attack dodge 51% spell dodge. A shit ton of evasion.
I also have a Basalt flask, Quartz flask, 4 endurance charges and Arctic Armour. When I can, I will also have an enfeeble blasphemy.

Just from my 4 endurance charges and basalt I have 36% phys mitigation.
That doesn't even account for the %less I will get from the Arctic Armour and Enfeeble stacking.

You can tank a fair bit of physical damage even with an evasion/dodge build. Just tinker with your champ again.

Edit: Also I'm currently running a Temporal Chains Blasphemy. Slowing enemies is a huge boost of defense for a evasion/dodge champion. Less attacks/
spells coming at you means less attacks/spells you have to worry about with RNG.

Another Edit: Although I don't currently have a setup for this, I will put fortify on one of my movement skills. Whirling Blades, or Leap Slam. Flicker Strike is also an option.
Last edited by maLcious on Jun 24, 2016, 4:01:07 PM
"
caboom wrote:

This.

Ostensibly, evasion-type features in RPGs work on the premise that since you're only getting hit every so often, you have time to regain the health lost. This concept keels over when one hit, or 3-4 hits in very quick succession, can kill you.

The only reliable form of defense in PoE is increasing your ability to take massive hits. You can do that by increasing your eHP pool and stacking mitigation. Once you have a comfortable level of those, then - and only then - can you afford the luxury of evasion and block. They're very much a secondary defense.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Jun 24, 2016, 3:12:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info