Zana Map not dropping

Did a Zana mission find the map .killed all the mobs but didnt find the map.

Never have had this happen before.

Last bumped on Feb 24, 2017, 5:03:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Did you fail the mission? If you fail, the map is no longer a given drop.

Also, it can be in any breakable object as well.

If it happens again, grab a bug report number at the very least by typing /bug in chat and either uploading the screen shot with it in there, or putting it in your post.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Found this thread by searching for Zana Map here in the Bug Reports subforum.

If it is indeed true that the map/item is no longer a given drop after failing the mission, then there need to be some other protections going on regarding how the item generation is handled.

Item drops for a mission should be limited to monsters only. The primary goal of this game is to kill stuff with looting chests being more of a cute afterthought than anything else for this genre. It is infuriating to kill the boss and even get 0 monsters alive yet still not have the map/item drop. There could be dozens of breakables or chests still hiding in the map and depending on the kind of map trying to backtrack through it to hunt for those would require both higher clear speed and also the ability to get all the breakables and loot all the chests.

Sure, on a Strand map that's pretty easy. In a Temple map? Hell no.

And yes, I did just run into a case where I killed the map boss and had 0 monsters remaining and the map didn't drop. In a Channel.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Feb 24, 2017, 4:47:09 AM
"
Item drops for a mission should be limited to monsters only.

While I agree with this feedback, it's probably better posted in the feedback section. Different people at companies are on different teams and do different jobs. If you don't bring your feedback to the attention of the right people, they won't see it and act on it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Item drops for a mission should be limited to monsters only.

While I agree with this feedback, it's probably better posted in the feedback section. Different people at companies are on different teams and do different jobs. If you don't bring your feedback to the attention of the right people, they won't see it and act on it.

You got me in the middle of crossposting over there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info