LA/TS - Deal with Reflect mobs?

Hi there.

I should say, all this evasion based Bow builds is not viable in current patch.

You should stop promoting this, or you should give recipes how to play this
for such newbies as I.

(to be honest I played just two builds after long offline period from beta, and this is my first bow/evasion experience, so I realy dont understand wTf).

I am ~60k unbuffed LA/TS (not in same time) Council dps raider (~120k with stacks and flasks, 200k+ with aura bot)

17k/57% Evasion (I don't use Hatred/Wrath aura, I run with Grace + Kaom armor), 46%/30% dodge, almost permanent Taste/Rumi, ~5.3k hp, cap resist.

SO, WHAT HAPPENS - I shoot LA, and I'm dead because of random Reflect mob offscreen.

CWDT setup doesnt help, balancing Ele/Phys support gems doesnt help, Raider defence Ascendancy nodes doesnt help, Arctic armor doesnt help.

I tried to play carefully,
In exping (Gorge / Plateau rotas) I came to what I almost didn't shoot, because it is almost impossible to see reflect aura mobs behind all these earthquakes and discharges.
In solo a little easier, but even if the death occurs every 20-30 maps, it is very hurt at 94 lvl.

I laughed bitterly when one guy suggest me to remove some dps support gems from main attack links... to not die.

THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM, not only for me, I also see how often other Bow people die.

Some Deadeye/Raider join to party, and I already see the future, after 2-3 Gorges he ressurect to town with word "WTF"

I'm currently STOP PLAYIGN THIS, selling all my eva bow gear, wanna try some other completely different build after some pause...

---

The build.

I don't think that if I show you my setup, you could find something that you can say "THIS IS WRONG",
because i tried many of things, waste exalts of regrets, etc...

Also unfortunately I can't link all of my gear and current stats, because I already sell many items and gems.

I only found some outdated screenshots, with non optimal dps gems combination when i tested some and screenshotting it:
https://i.imgur.com/nTDdRwa.jpg

And some defence screenshot from prev lvl, maybe I had few upgrades from that time, no realy remember:
https://i.imgur.com/5gM5Hdk.jpg

The last tree is:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQ2NES8WvxcmGY4hdiP2JP0mlSpbLlMwcTB8MfoyATKUNj031DnUOkI6szy-Ps9B0EMxQzZHfkt4TP9Nkk4qUUdS7FVLVYVW-loaW69daF9wYeJirGVNbAhsjHBSdO11y3X9dvd59nqEexR9dX8CfyuDbYRvhNmGzonTjDaNfY1-jb-VBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-hpKXLpuCn1LIZtMW1SLvjvTa95r6nwTPBScLswzPEosjcyqnNmM960K3Tb9N-1CPUQtjV2cbawdvn3ajh2-dU6NbqYutj7T_tg-4O73rxivzF_h3-uv7I_94=

---

What I want to hear.

1) Confirm that I'm totally noob and do not realise do obvious points.

(but still most of the 40/40 uber izaros and 20/20 twinned colosseums I done solo, so maybe not so noob. Many rangers whine about bad fights with close room bosses, I'm not, not about that)

2) Confirm that Bow/Evasion builds is just for people who should keep playing 1c gear in their cozy Dreid Lake, not to go anywhere higher, and don't dream about such items that will only kill them:

Or for people who OK with many deaths, who usual level limit is +-90, and they dont care about %.

3) Confirm that this is a huge problem, and GGG has something to do with it (remove that mobs for example).

TY all for reading this. (and sorry, me is not from US colony so I very bad in english :)

Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 12:13:16 PM
I know your post is pretty much a saltfest, since it's obvious you know what you're doing.

Don't know what to say really. Reflect is very real so tooltip warriors gonna suffer. Most of my characters these days are built for tankiness in tree with Vaal Pact and planned around getting Kaom's asap.

/shrug
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Looking at your build, how do you outleech reflect? You are missing the duelist leech nodes which work on all kinds of damage (not only physical). And you have no Vaal Pact.

Acuity user?

Still, agreeing with you that reflect (especially physical) is a real problem.

More dps, more problems.

I think there should be a tweak by GGG to fix this issue. I'm aware that the whole reflect mechanic is there to prevent glass cannon builds, but the current power characters get from both new gear and ascendancy points is overwhelming the possible defensive options.

Two possible solutions:

1. lower the reflect percentage of single yellow monsters / map affix
2. introduce more efficient defensive tools to deal with it

Slayer and Champion duelist have decent reflect-reducing ascendancies (Headsman, perma-Fortify).

Pathfinder can push her defenses to the stars with the right (perma-up) flask setup.

I guess it's still not enough, so something has to be added in a near future to help against reflect.
Last edited by djnat on Jun 24, 2016, 12:13:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info