Are t1/0 mods too rare?

So far in PSC I've spent the equivalent of 873 chaos on crafting (that includes alts @ 18:1, regals @ 1:1, augs 60:1, scours and trans) and on 3 different ilvl 84 swords neither dictator's nor merciless has come up once. Tyrannical has come up 3 times, emperors 2 times. I dunno, not the first time i've made a post about this, and I know that very few of us players actually craft at this level--but I always feel like the opportunity to even regal a t1/0 mod is too low.

With the removal of eternals this feeling of dread and defeat becomes even more exacerbated knowing that in the 1/10000 alt chance we get a t0 mod, we will likely brick it on regal or exalt. just some food for thought if GGG has any interest in making the real end-game more enjoyable for those who really invest a lot into this aspect of the game that is largely untouched, especially in leagues.
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 12:25:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
i never understood why ppl buy ilvl 84 bases for quite some chaos to then craft it.

how many of those reach T1/0 mods (to make it worth it) and after how much currency.
then you need to aug/regal it too, maybe mastercraft.

i never did this, maybe i miss something.

@OP:
those mods need to be rare because of drops. if they raised the rate so you would notice it you would significally notice it with drops and on poe.trade.
Those best mods are not necessary, just nice to have. so i'm fine that they are THAT rare.
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
i never understood why ppl buy ilvl 84 bases for quite some chaos to then craft it.

Crafting is an expensive process, a few chaos do not make a large part of the final price. Besides, it's worth it, the chance for T0 rolls are 1/2 of the T1 chance, so buying an item like that means your chances of rolling top tier mods are 50% better.

The last datamine we got puts the chance for a tyrannical mod at 0,09%, however the assets that can be datamined aren't the actual assets that the game uses so those can differ. And I strongly suspect they do, because you don't see a tyrannical mod every 100 alts, no sir.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I agree op the odds seem to low. Then ggg release something like reach of the council, im not really seeing the point of crafting, chaos spamming a high ilvl es base (with a good enchant) sure.
Last edited by Fhark on Jun 24, 2016, 5:03:05 AM
Drop quality in this game is extreme shit and instead of fixing it GGG gave us item filters so we can hide everything. Item hunt in poe is more like a poop hunt. If you ever wanted to know what it feels like to be a homeless person collecting aluminum cans to trade for a cent each, play this game.

I'd rather have much, much lower quantity and better quality. This approach would have many positives, such as a lesser need for chaos/regal sinks since there'd be fewer created from vendor recipes. And actually spending currency to craft could be possible, rather than being a completely retarded wasteful soul crushing experience of monotonous click 8000 times for poop.

This is where the FTP/MTX model ends up hurting gameplay, since the loot system is obviously designed to drive stash and currency tab sales.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 24, 2016, 5:10:21 AM
If it wasn't rare it would be worthless, something to think about...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
Fhark wrote:
I agree op the odds seem to low. Then ggg release something like reach of the council, im not really seeing the point of crafting, chaos spamming a high ilvl es base (with a good enchant) sure.

exactly. reach has completely trivialized the need to craft any bow at all. And here i am trying to craft a decent sword... literally wasting exalts in the double digits.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
If it wasn't rare it would be worthless, something to think about...

i've thought about it.
"

exactly. reach has completely trivialized the need to craft any bow at all. And here i am trying to craft a decent sword... literally wasting exalts in the double digits.

You're either a masochist playing 2H or didn't get the memo about varunastra who's on top of beeing a very strong item can also use EVERY melee skills destroying the idea of specific weapon focused build.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 24, 2016, 9:14:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info