BREXIT!

What is the point of democracy when it is making only 50% of the population happy anyway?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
What is the point of democracy when it is making only 50% of the population happy anyway?

No idea, but still better than meeting halfway. To reach a good compromise you need to make both sides unhappy, tested and proven, it's just one of those things that have no real answer.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Instead of the world to continue working together they prefer to be divided. Apparently, the younger generation majority voted to remain yet the older generation wanted to split.

This has the potential to weaken the UK. We will see.

"
Scottish independence
Main article: Second Scottish independence referendum
See also: Scottish independence

The Government of Scotland announced on 24 June 2016 that officials would plan for a "highly likely" second referendum on independence from the United Kingdom.[13] Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said it was "clear that the people of Scotland see their future as part of the European Union" and that Scotland had "spoken decisively" with a "strong, unequivocal" vote to remain in the European Union.[12] Former First Minister Alex Salmond said the vote was a "significant and material change" in Scotland's position within the United Kingdom, and that he was certain his party would implement its manifesto on holding a second referendum.[249]

Tony Blair said that he thinks Scotland will leave the United Kingdom if the United Kingdom leaves the European Union.[250]

Manfred Weber, the leader of the European People's Party Group and a key ally of Angela Merkel, said Scotland would be welcome to remain a member of the EU.[251]
Irish unification
See also: Unification of Ireland

An independence referendum has also been advocated by Northern Ireland's Sinn Féin.[252] Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness called for a referendum on Irish reunification following the UK's vote to leave the EU.[253]
Spain–UK dispute over Gibraltar
See also: Disputed status of Gibraltar

Spain's foreign minister José Manuel García-Margallo said "It's a complete change of outlook that opens up new possibilities on Gibraltar not seen for a very long time. I hope the formula of co-sovereignity – to be clear, the Spanish flag on the Rock – is much closer than before."[254]
Status of London

London voted to remain in the EU, and Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she had spoken to London Mayor Sadiq Khan about the possibility of remaining in the EU and said he shared that objective for London. A petition calling on Khan to declare London independent from the UK received thousands of signatures.[255][256][257]

So let me ask you this. UK gets divided into three countries, England's capital, London, might seek independence from UK and all this is good?
Last edited by Warmey on Jun 24, 2016, 1:13:46 PM
"
Warmey wrote:
So let me ask you this. UK gets divided into three countries, England's capital, London, might seek independence from UK and all this is good?

"Something something independence, something something sovereignty"

The UK really had the best of both worlds. Unfettered access to the EU markets, and some self-determination regarding its currency and other monetary issues.

Now it gets more of the second, but much much less of the first. Scotland will undoubtedly try to jump ship, and so may Ireland. London... I dunno about that one.

The UK is about to just become the K
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Ready your breakfast and eat hearty, fellow Brits. For tonight, you dine in Hades.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Warmey wrote:

Of course it is, just look at former Yugoslavia... no, wait...
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Xavderion wrote:
Watch this salt mine unfold lads:

http://i.imgur.com/1guwiqp.jpg

I especially like the inherent racism of these statements.

lmao
That doesn't sound like good news though. Britain leaving EU would hurt them economically and politically. I would think the other countries wouldn't be so generous to cut them a good deal when they leave.

The queen must be pissed of right about now.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
The queen must be pissed of right about now.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info