The melee hate?

I suppose its no secret that melee seems to have received no love...and people love to hate on it.

But then you see streamers and the like wrecking face with Ground slam or Earth quake. Are these considered melee?

Or when people are hating on melee, are they thinking of things like Double Strike, etc?

Last bumped on Oct 28, 2016, 7:55:42 AM
anything that locks you in place and has no aoe is terrible choice for melee.
decreases survivability
decreases mobility
decreases your clearspeed
decreases your fun.

EQ slam , cyclone / coc or RT are meta for melees for a very good reason.
it´s simple ineffective to try anything else unless it´s critbased and you´ve UBERGEAR.
TBH, EQ, Sunder, Cyclone...aren't really MELEE. They're all AOEs. Melee is supposed to have godly single target and meh clear speed...But GGG had kinda broken that, so Ranged is better for Single and AOE clears now, which defeats the point. I still love melee, and most of my characters are melee...But I'm an odd one out, sadly.

It doesn't help that Fortify, which is exclusively for Melee characters, is now available to anyone, ranged, caster, or melee.

- Sheepster
I quit playing melee now that exp penalty is harsh, slow clear speed+ exp penalty is just not fun anymore with melee.

I prefer fast clear speed ranged build any day so I don't get bored of the game.
"
Puraime wrote:
I quit playing melee now that exp penalty is harsh, slow clear speed+ exp penalty is just not fun anymore with melee.

I prefer fast clear speed ranged build any day so I don't get bored of the game.

Funny, I went to melee to farm lab :P
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Puraime wrote:

That's a surefire way to get bored for me, melee is where the action and sportsmanship is, long range combat is pretty much shooting fish in the barrel. But yeah, I sometimes do feel like that love is onesided.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 23, 2016, 3:24:49 PM
"
"
Puraime wrote:

Funny, I went to melee to farm lab :P

I can do that with ranged or melee.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
TBH, EQ, Sunder, Cyclone...aren't really MELEE. They're all AOEs. Melee is supposed to have godly single target and meh clear speed...

Here comes semantics. Anything that does not shoot, cast or place is melee.

Single target and melee are not mutually exclusive. There, I melee my own semantics. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 23, 2016, 3:42:43 PM
Thread makes me miss flicker. Until rdm reflect mob instapop yourself
IGN:Flickfrap
Cyclone is about biggest AOE i'd call melee.

What you see are successful spell casters even though GGG calls them earthquake and ground slam "melee skills"

Anyway this game is all aoe all the time so true melee skills will always suck. even if you boosted heavy strike 500%. Sure you'd take out bosses super fast but not much else, making the big AOE "melee" skills king of the hill.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2016, 4:03:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info