Main Questions about Passive Skills

I played now for around 20 hours on 4 chars and really don't know why the ppl take stat X instead of Y or both instead of 1 at max. So what of the following stats are more effective?

1. Armor/Energy/Life/Evasion?
All of this Sats help one to live longer. But which one is the most effective?

2. Crit Chance/Hit
Hitting more with lesser or hitting lesser with more?!?

3. Phys./Elem. Dmg?

I wanna do a Bow Build because it is one of the most agile classes and don't need to stand between monsters like melee fighter. Some ppl skill the one, other the other, another both...

4. Which element?
On the way to 60-80 you will meet all classes of monsters(a couple of times?...) and since it is really silly to skill at all elements which one is the best?
-Fire burns the enemies faster down
-Cold freeze and slow them
-Light shock them

5. Mana or Life?
With the combination of CI/Blood Magic you won't spend anything for your skills/Auras and can spam every Skill/Spell. Or is it wrong? Which Contras are there exccept no life.

6.The Heaviest one. ATK or DEF???
Dealing more atk and having lesser chance to survive by hits
or Beeing a sick Tank and shooting 10min at one monster?
Last edited by mayan015 on Feb 19, 2013, 12:57:05 PM
"
mayan015 wrote:

1. Armor/Energy/Life/Evasion?
All of this Sats help one to live longer. But which one is the most effective?

Life.
Armor/evasion/ES are all secondary defences (unless CI). But with all of them you´ll need big enough lifepool not to get 1-2 shot. ES is good if you need to survive high burst damage (unlucky hit as a ranged character), armour is best against small hits (being in the center of white mobs, getting hit repeatedly), evasion isn´t as useless as some people say, but it has it´s issues. If you´re melee, go with life + endurance charges and then armour.

"
2. Crit Chance/Hit
Hitting more with lesser or hitting lesser with more?!?

By hit, i assume you mean accuracy. If you dont take resolute techinque, you´ll want to keep an eye on your chance to hit. If it drops below 80% i´d make sure to get some more accuracy.

I personally like RT, because it´s reliable. But crit.chance and accuracy aren´t opposites.

"
3. Phys./Elem. Dmg?

I wanna do a Bow Build because it is one of the most agile classes and don't need to stand between monsters like melee fighter. Some ppl skill the one, other the other, another both...

Elemental builds usually have more dps, but they can´t have life or manaleech from gear.

"

4. Which element?
On the way to 60-80 you will meet all classes of monsters(a couple of times?...) and since it is really silly to skill at all elements which one is the best?
-Fire burns the enemies faster down
-Cold freeze and slow them
-Light shock them

If you wanted to do an elemental bow build, do that. No need to take one specific element.
If a caster, i´d go with cold (more defensive) or lightning (more dps).

"
5. Mana or Life?
With the combination of CI/Blood Magic you won't spend anything for your skills/Auras and can spam every Skill/Spell. Or is it wrong? Which Contras are there exccept no life.

Combination of CI+BM means you´ll suicide with every attack you make =) You have 1 life, and you use life instead of mana.
"

6.The Heaviest one. ATK or DEF???
Dealing more atk and having lesser chance to survive by hits
or Beeing a sick Tank and shooting 10min at one monster?

Don´t go fully into either. You need both. Glasscannons dont do well, but being too tanky can lead to problems when you can´t thin the mob attacking you fast enough.
I´d suggest you go 75% defencive with your passives, get +life on as many items as possible. The dps comes mostly from skills, supports and weapon.

Hope this helps!
IGN: N_Bohr
Yes Master :)
It helped me a lot but still not comlplete :/

I made now 2 different builds (the next one will be a hybrid for Dagger/Bow)
and want your suggestion. what is silly? what is good?

I don't play the game until i know what skill three i can take because i don'T want to start skilling like a noob and after 1 month "oh. Oh OHHH!?! i need 2 days for 50% or smth. like that)

First

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4188/build1l.png

Second

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/876/build2f.png

OR can someone link me a nice build.
Last edited by mayan015 on Feb 20, 2013, 1:28:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info