It was fun at first..

"
did you ever consider that a game which isn't alternating it's difficulty from time to time only to head in the direction of being easier will die faster?

there will be leagues which will be easier (like perandus) and leagues which will be harder (like prophecy). appreciating that does not mean we like everything ggg does without questioning it.

You're missing the point, this game isn't fun anymore, the league is boring, labyrinth is boring a tedious and mandatory, end game is turning into D3. Friends are all leaving, and others come to test the new league for the first week only to realize how poop it was. I'm not going to be looking back here anymore,

Good luck,

Have fun.

P.S. Gloria Victis and Project Icarus look far more promising (and fun).
"
MeechKahn wrote:
the league is boring, labyrinth is boring a tedious and mandatory, end game is turning into D3.
P.S. Gloria Victis and Project Icarus look far more promising (and fun).

there is no point in playing a game which is (or became) boring to you.

i'm pretty sure developers try their best to deliver new content to keep the game fresh, release cycles are pretty tight and designed for optimal player retention.

poe has the problem that it needs to be entertaining for players who play 15 hours a day and those who play 15 hours a week. those who are at the extremes will find a new league either boring after a week or extremely unrewarding.

the optimum is in the middle where i am, playing 3 to 4 hours a day. i made it to t3 maps with 2 chars and find the short grind every day absolute fun.

it's a bit expensive but backtracking as an example for unfun stuff can totally be avoided by moving the prophecies from lower content to the second char which still levels.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 24, 2016, 8:12:47 AM
I started playing POE a month ago and its impossible for me to get bored.

This is because I play Standard and I play to "collect" expensive items just for the heck of it. Like I wanna get a Legacy Mjolner next. Just so I can have them all then post on general chat "Meh should I vendor this legacy mjolner?"

Or posting my volls devo saying "meh what a shitty item"

Responses are always great, dunno about you but I would NEVER play these leagues the only reason I have like 3 prophecies fullfilled is because my guild insisted I try prophecy. Tried it and ran straight back to standard I love standard love collecting stuff would never play leagues.

What makes this game boring is generally flipping instead of playing which people do then complain game is boring.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 24, 2016, 11:04:11 AM
Yup, pretty much. The game is doing fine though, but people who have been around for a while are just getting tired, top streamers of the game already quit playing. They're alienating some of the most dedicated people.

It's the same old shit, over and over again. GGG promises something, and they fail on their delivery, or never deliver at all. Balance in this game is fucked. Skill tree hasn't been changed in forever. Leveling is fucking boring, going through 12 acts. Crafting is a joke. End game is monotonous. Trade is shit.

PoE needs an overhaul, and it's long due. It won't happen though.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Yeah, still going strong, however, I'd be mildly worried by the crowd in Arena last night. If people are turning to pvp things are getting serious.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
TriniGamer wrote:
I started playing POE a month ago and its impossible for me to get bored.

This is because I play Standard and I play to "collect" expensive items just for the heck of it. Like I wanna get a Legacy Mjolner next. Just so I can have them all then post on general chat "Meh should I vendor this legacy mjolner?"

Or posting my volls devo saying "meh what a shitty item"

Responses are always great, dunno about you but I would NEVER play these leagues the only reason I have like 3 prophecies fullfilled is because my guild insisted I try prophecy. Tried it and ran straight back to standard I love standard love collecting stuff would never play leagues.

What makes this game boring is generally flipping instead of playing which people do then complain game is boring.

Wanna say "3 years ago" and now "playing standard to antagonize global with gifted items"? That is really not nice, I see correlation to forum behavior and posts too.

Flipping items is fun, 500 chaos in 1-2 hours is fun, and game is not dying.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jun 25, 2016, 2:23:43 AM
On Steam alone 12000 people play PoE every day and it's still a top100 Steam game. And a lot of people probably don't even play PoE through Steam so the actual userbase is even larger. That imo is pretty darn good for a game several years old.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info