PSA: Alt:Alch Ratio is 8:1!

8 Alteration Orbs = 4 Jeweler's Orbs = 1 Fusing Orb = 1 Orb of Alchemy.

This public service announcement is brought to you by Traders With Integrity.
the issue here is the assumption that 1 fusing = 1 alch
it is 1=1
ok
I´d say:

Alt:alch = 7-10:1

If i needed alchs really badly i´d certainly not try to sell with 8:1. But those 12:1 ratios some people try to get is just an effort to benefit from someone not familiar with commonly used values.

If someone offered 7:1 for their alchemys, i´d take it.
8:1 would probably not interest me.

Fusings = alchemy is not written in stone. It´s a bartering system.

Edit: Idea behind this thread is nice. Informing people so they wont get ripped off is a good thing. Not disagreeing with that part.

IGN: N_Bohr
Last edited by Ola on Feb 19, 2013, 3:21:42 PM
"
celbii wrote:
it is 1=1

This is disingenuous. Fusing to alch has been 1:1 in the past and that seems to be the case right now, but this is a player-created valuation. It's not enforced by the game in the sense that alt to fusing is 8:1, and it's not unreasonable to ask for something like 2 alchs per fusing or vice versa according to a player's need.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
the easiest way is if everyone sings off the same sheet.

Most players regard --link removed-- as reasonable. I dare say a lot use it completely as their reference. For lack of better alternative... i must say i also do.

Therefore, the ratio's are not going to change because you say so.

They are going to change when they change on this website. Until then if you are frightfully unhappy that someone wants 2 extra alts than you will have to not trade with them.

There are plenty of people you can barter exchange rates with. I do it all the time.

If someone shouts "WTB Chromatic orbs"

Ill say "6 per alch". They might say no if they want a fair deal but if they have been standing shouting that for ages and they need the chromes badly enough, then i have made profit.

Call me a scumbag but at the end of the day i'm playing a game and try to make things happen in my favour to make myself better. I am not immoral in that i would steal from someone etc, but if i have been open and honest about my intentions and they accept, then more fool them. Its only the same in the real world. You could buy a mars bar from a shop keeper for 2p if you could convince him but you wouldnt steal it... its only the same here.

Last edited by ionface on May 23, 2013, 3:54:49 AM
There's always a small room for variance depending on desperate demand or somesuch. But the common rates in trade chat demand between 15:1 and 11:1, which are both highly unreasonable.
I believe a dev(Chris?) had posted a while back, when the controversy set in regarding 2-name matching alch crafting, that NPCs would always low ball you in crafting for orbs compared to what they were worth and that the intention is for players to create their own market and trade for orbs/gear instead of solely relying on NPC vendors for their items.
"
Ola wrote:
I´d say:

Alt:alch = 7-10:1

If i needed alchs really badly i´d certainly not try to sell with 8:1. But those 12:1 ratios some people try to get is just an effort to benefit from someone not familiar with commonly used values.

If someone offered 7:1 for their alchemys, i´d take it.
8:1 would probably not interest me.

Fusings = alchemy is not written in stone. It´s a bartering system.

Edit: Idea behind this thread is nice. Informing people so they wont get ripped off is a good thing. Not disagreeing with that part.

It has not been mentioned yet in this thread, so I'll say it: "alts:alch 8:1" isn't some weird made-up ratio. It's the ratio at which you can vendor alts to get an alch. buying an alch for 10 alts from another player is implcitly a ripoff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info