Pitbull banned in my City

There's a lot of blame to go around here.

Blame the breeders who create designer dogs that have physical defects, personality issues, and a host of other problems.

Blame the people who buy designer dogs, further perpetuating a terrible system.

Blame the individuals who mistreat dogs that would otherwise be fine and turn them into monsters.

Finally, you can blame the dogs. Like people, some of them just suck. Unlike people, certain breeds of dogs were manufactured in such a way that they're much more likely to suck than other breeds.

The root of the problem is people, though. We're the fucking worst. If people want to fix the problem of dog maimings and killings, they need to pass laws related to dog breeding, not pet ownership. They're treating the symptom and ignoring the disease.

Don't support dog breeders. If you absolutely must get a dog, adopt one from a shelter. Do your small part to break this awful system.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
That's interesting you're from Québec or?

edit: yesss poutine is so great!

My ancestor was the Royal Architect for the King in New France. He made the first plans for the city of Montreal too ^_^ Great granddad was a playah.

Na i'm from Montreal but I have a few family members left in QC city.

oh that's nice I have a lot of family in Montreal.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
That's interesting you're from Québec or?

edit: yesss poutine is so great!

My ancestor was the Royal Architect for the King in New France. He made the first plans for the city of Montreal too ^_^ Great granddad was a playah.

Na i'm from Montreal but I have a few family members left in QC city.

oh that's nice I have a lot of family in Montreal.

Ya its nice, its pretty artsy but its falling apart, the infrastructure is so busted.

Vive le Quebec 'sti!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Antnee wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
Finally it happened! it unfortunately took two more deaths x_x But now there won't be any of these in the city.

Meanwhile, every single pitbull I have ever met has been a complete sweetheart. Maybe the owners are the problem..

Here i come with complete ignorance of pitbulls but still talking..

What if some types of dogs are more prone to aggression than others, and that that's why they are a problem not the owners because when those get paired with bad owners they tend to become worse than other dogs would - and that that is the source of the problem.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
nanny state in action. soon we'll all get a rubber room. just remember guys freedom is not risk free when you vote for these reactionary assholes.

oh another thing this is kinda racist. pit bulls dogs preferred by the underprivileged and blacks banned. not to mention banning a breed itself. doh.. but i guess that ok they are just dogs amirite
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 18, 2016, 9:03:37 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
Finally it happened! it unfortunately took two more deaths x_x But now there won't be any of these in the city.

Meanwhile, every single pitbull I have ever met has been a complete sweetheart. Maybe the owners are the problem..

What if some types of dogs are more prone to aggression than others, and that that's why they are a problem not the owners because when those get paired with bad owners they tend to become worse than other dogs would - and that that is the source of the problem.

A better question would be why does the media only cover dog attacks made by pitbulls?

One of my ex-girlfriends stepdad was hospitalized and permanently crippled by a pair of boxer terriers that attacked him while he was outside at his house having a smoke and no mention of it in the news, but let someone get bit by a pitbull and there is all kinds of public outrage.

I'd like to echo what Antnee said, every pitbull I've come across were absolutely the sweetest dogs I've ever met.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I have cynophobia (fear of dogs), and can tell you dogs can react in very unusual manners in my presence. Some dogs that, according to their owners, are usually very kind, can suddenly turn very aggressive, and some others may want to absolutely be friendly with me despite me wanting them to be nowhere near me.
The issue isn't really the dogs themselves, but the owners of the dogs, who are sometimes very irresponsible. Dog owners should always be in control of their animal, but that isn't always the case. Occasionally, I encounter people with their dogs not kept in leash, and sometimes those dogs turn aggressive due to my fear, and their owners cannot stop their dogs, because they don't have a leash. Even worse, some dogs are left free without closed gates to stop them from leaving their owners' properties. Even in the cases where these dogs are absolutely not aggressive, this can cause other issues, due to them having no supervision (pooping in the streets, entering private properties, steeling food, etc...).

Dogs can be great pets, but, as with any other pet, ownership should require some kind of formation to have people properly take care of them. Pet care doesn't stop at feeding the animal and taking it out when it wants a bit of fresh air. You need to make sure the animal is well behaved, that its needs are properly taken care of, that it remains healthy, etc... This requires a lot more preparation than just going into a shop and spending a few dollars.
"
I have cynophobia (fear of dogs), and can tell you dogs can react in very unusual manners in my presence. Some dogs that, according to their owners, are usually very kind, can suddenly turn very aggressive, and some others may want to absolutely be friendly with me despite me wanting them to be nowhere near me.
The issue isn't really the dogs themselves, but the owners of the dogs, who are sometimes very irresponsible. Dog owners should always be in control of their animal, but that isn't always the case. Occasionally, I encounter people with their dogs not kept in leash, and sometimes those dogs turn aggressive due to my fear, and their owners cannot stop their dogs, because they don't have a leash. Even worse, some dogs are left free without closed gates to stop them from leaving their owners' properties. Even in the cases where these dogs are absolutely not aggressive, this can cause other issues, due to them having no supervision (pooping in the streets, entering private properties, steeling food, etc...).

Dogs can be great pets, but, as with any other pet, ownership should require some kind of formation to have people properly take care of them. Pet care doesn't stop at feeding the animal and taking it out when it wants a bit of fresh air. You need to make sure the animal is well behaved, that its needs are properly taken care of, that it remains healthy, etc... This requires a lot more preparation than just going into a shop and spending a few dollars.

I feel you, I have two very small dogs at home and I can't take them on a walk out to the parc, other owners never put their dogs on leash and some of them are very big. A law such as this was needed because there is so many people who are complete irresponsible.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

Pretty much exactly this.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
diablofdb wrote:
"

I feel you, I have two very small dogs at home and I can't take them on a walk out to the parc, other owners never put their dogs on leash and some of them are very big. A law such as this was needed because there is so many people who are complete irresponsible.

Other people's DOGS are part of the reason I go armed. A Dalmatian(!) attacked my wife and me on a walk; it was running loose off it's owner's property and unattended. If I had been carrying then, the owner wouldn't have ended up just with the medical bills (I'm anti-litigious), but also a dead dog. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info