Advice re. Malachai's Loop Heirophant

I'm not going to dignify it by calling it a build but I've got a templar in the Prophecy league (character name Garachaius) who's mainly using Frostbolt and Vortex with Malachai's Loop and Fairgrave's Tricorne to easily gather power and endurance charges (with Conviction of Power) and Frost Bomb and Frostbite to reduce enemy cold resistance.

While I like having frenzy charges as well thanks to an Ice Bite gem linked to my Frostbolt, I'm wondering if they're all that important.

I could get Blood Dance and/or Surgebinders to make my Frenzy Charges more effective or just drop the Ice Bite gem entirely for another damage-boosting gem and get more generalised gloves and boots.

(I could even get Windscream and have both Temporal Chains and Enfeeble on Blasphemy aura instead of just the Temporal Chains)

I mean, the character's doing well enough but I'm kind of wondering where to go from here.

This is his passive tree as it stands.
And this is the draft of where I'm going over the next 20 levels

Mostly just more critical multiplier, another power charge and some more mana to help out with Mind over Matter and Divine Guidance when I get it.
Though I could (and probably should) grab more life/energy shield/mana nodes.

Current equipment

Another thing I've been thinking of is that, apart from a single passive node (Frostwalker) and the Star of Wraeclast, I don't have any real focus on cold damage so I could theoretically switch to any other spell I wanted.

So anyway; if you've got any advice or thoughts you'd like to share I'd appreciate it.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2016, 4:26:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info