So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

It's sad to see old school players move on, but you have to make the decision that is right for you. Thank you for your contributions to the game, and the game will be here for you if you decide to return.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
@op: thanks for all the work :) Any game needs a break if you play it for years and any game can be returned to and enjoyed anew after a long break :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Thank you for all of your contributions, brotha!
I'm sorry to hear Cyborg! Thanks for everything... and all the best!
The PoE wiki has become all but unusable to me. It repeatedly crashes Firefox if i let it fully load any page on the wiki. I suspect it's some kind of adware that's trying to get around AdBlock. Maybe even intended to crash the browser of those that block ads?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
unsane wrote:
The PoE wiki has become all but unusable to me. It repeatedly crashes Firefox if i let it fully load any page on the wiki. I suspect it's some kind of adware that's trying to get around AdBlock. Maybe even intended to crash the browser of those that block ads?

Nah, the adverts they're using are just complete garbage. It also crashes the Steam Overlay Browser, which has no ad blocking. It was a real pain in the ass on my old computer as alt tabbing tended to DC or crash PoE, and that meant I was stuck fighting with the wiki in the Steam Browser until I got a version of the page that didn't have the offending ad.

I actually wouldn't recommend browsing the PoE wiki without adblock if at all possible, because in my experience, the sites that are so advert bogged that you can sometimes end up with two video ads spamming sound at once have such low quality control that pages can end up poisoned.
"
unsane wrote:
Try using uBlock, I'm using it with Firefox and I've got no problems. I tried to extend the default block and hide one empty box, that's when Firefox started crashing like crazy and I had to revert the change, maybe adblock does that by default and crashes everything.
Yeah it used to be okay. Now I just adblock the whole poe wiki site.
and somehow in the end, we all meet in "the restaurant on the end of the universe"... ;)

seems as my 'bad expectations' came true, sadly. I read your OP as you dont retire fully - so enjoy your stay and travel, now without worrying (or at least less thinking) about all that community stuff ^^ (I know its hard to overcome)

"
iamacyborg wrote:
Na, this isn't on GGG. Although I'd definitely support them bringing the wiki in house and hosting it themselves.

+1
This would open up some very nice synergies, starting with immediately availability of new stuff like icons or even data (if they can set up an API for it), up to final access from inside the game to its informations as topping - if they find a away to handle public access.

Finally again, thanks so very much for starting, implementing this incredible idea, and maintaining & following it for such a long time.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I'm definitely not retiring from PoE, just taking a big step back from any community stuff!

Appreciate all you did back in the day for the German Wiki Mr Cee!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info