Greater Multiple Projectiles damage question

Hi,

i'm using Greater Multiple Projectiles Support Gem with Freezing Pulse.
Is it usefull to remove the Support Gem to Fight against a single boss?

I think, if all 4 Projektiles hit the enemy the damage will be higher, than the damage reduction?

What do you think?
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 4:29:54 AM
Multiple projectiles coming from the same source at the same time can't hit the same enemy. Only one FP per cast can hit a boss if you use GMP, so it is definitely worth taking out against single targets.

(FYI, what you describe was possible until last year, but was changed in 2.0.0 as so-called shotgunning was proving a bit of a balance headache.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jun 16, 2016, 3:57:57 AM
Does Freezing pulse Deal 10.000 DMG with each projectile?
Or Deal each of the 5 projectiles only 2.000 DMG?
Last edited by Nerevar86 on Jun 30, 2016, 4:07:11 AM
Lv1 GMP is 35% less,so your Freezing Pulse shoots 3+4 projectiles,each one deals 6500 damage.
The trick is single target cannot be hit by more than one projectile from a single cast - so in your case it is better to remove GMP for boss fights.
However,if you'd have Spell Echo though you'd deal only 9k damage (10% less) per projectile echoed cast is counted as not the same one,and therefore you'd damage the boss 2x9k damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info