Damn reflection

Convert to fire damage using Avatar of fire + one call of the brotherhood + cold to fire gem. Then use Rise of the phoenix and Purity of fire as an elementalist.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996 FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
daish0 wrote:
Reflect enemies are already VERY visible by their aura

What a complete lie. This game is shit for visibility in groups. Also, beyond mobs just appear out of nowhere. Goodbye XP with nothing you can really do about it. I guess you could just stand there leaching off of the group not doing any damage at all...
"
Umbryl wrote:
Hi guys
How many of you can't level their characters because of reflection?
Now with ascendancy tree the damage has grown and I have no chance to survive (just ONE hit and I'm dead).
It is not because I have bad gear and few life, but because my damage is too high.
So I have bought end game gear to do high damge and I have to take them away?
Reflection must be more visible (a large aura, so we can see the reflection before hitting the monster for instance).
Sorry for my English
Regards

I'm willing to bet I do way more damage than you and I manage reflect just fine. You need mitigation and/or alternative skills to deal with reflect.
my fellow gamer, i was crying in desperation when I started playing this game. I was dying all the time, no progression whatsoever until this wonderful community adviced me with the following:
a) to deal more dmg to monsters
b) to leech life
c) to avoid going into these monsters. keep them at range

gl out there!
"
Umbryl wrote:
Hi guys
How many of you can't level their characters because of reflection?
Now with ascendancy tree the damage has grown and I have no chance to survive (just ONE hit and I'm dead).
It is not because I have bad gear and few life, but because my damage is too high.
So I have bought end game gear to do high damge and I have to take them away?
Reflection must be more visible (a large aura, so we can see the reflection before hitting the monster for instance).
Sorry for my English
Regards

Sorry but that is not the reason! [Removed by Support]. Reflect was a real issue but that was a long time ago. GGG nerfed reflect so often that it is no problem at all these days unless you do not know anything about the game and go full glasscannon.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by Brittany_GGG on Jun 29, 2016, 5:33:54 AM
Guys, as Siochan said, in this game visibility in group is very very bad. I always run free maps with different people and there is always someone that dies for reflection. With a flame totem or discharge how can you see reflection? The answer is easy... Only if you have +200 movement speed and you stay always in first line, so that you have time to see reflection before it will be totally covered. That's all in my opinion.
It might help if you gave us some numbers like your hp, ligtning res, average dmg of your main skill....
What purpose does reflect serve ?

I am sure its there to limit power - however thats the task of the ballancing team not of a useless mechanic.

I play a Burning Arrow Witch with 50% less reflected damage taken and barely do not one shot myself to reflect - a few more upgrades ( quality gems / enchantments / levels ) and I will one shot myself with 50% less reflected damage taken. Obviously I off screen with Burning arrow. If I played a Burning Arrow inquisitor I would definatly one shot myself to reflect. Nothing in game would be able to prevent that ( Vaal Pact is useless if you one shot yourself, Sybils Lament wont be enough ). No level of skilled play could prevent a reflect self one shot off screen.

IMHO reflect has to go.

Why would I try to maximize my builds when I will one shot myself once I reach the peak and cant play the game anymore.

Reflect has reached a state where any high DPS build that is not chaos / totems / traps / summons one shots itself at some point. This becomes literally unplayable.

If you want to introduce some very challenging enemies do as you did with the labyrinth - introduce some unique mobs that deal percentage based damage but remove reflect.

Edit : Or limit reflect effects as you did with leech effects ( based on max HP ) so that there wont be self one shots... so easy to find adequate solutions if one is only willing to.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jul 26, 2016, 2:20:46 PM
"
Siochan wrote:
"
daish0 wrote:
Reflect enemies are already VERY visible by their aura

What a complete lie. This game is shit for visibility in groups. Also, beyond mobs just appear out of nowhere. Goodbye XP with nothing you can really do about it. I guess you could just stand there leaching off of the group not doing any damage at all...

If you can't handle groups then don't play in groups.

I solo everything and reflect is no problem, as a physical tornado shot user who melts bosses in seconds.
"
If you can't handle groups then don't play in groups.

I solo everything and reflect is no problem, as a physical tornado shot user who melts bosses in seconds.

Very self centered ? YOU dont play in groups, YOU play a Dot build and dont one shot yourself so YOU are fine with players who prefer other builds off screen one shotting themselves to reflect ?

I can only hope you will play a high damage build yourself one day and get to know the disappointment when a super fun build isnt fun anymore because you will die to reflect eventually without any solution.

When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Jul 26, 2016, 12:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info