Damn reflection

Hi guys
How many of you can't level their characters because of reflection?
Now with ascendancy tree the damage has grown and I have no chance to survive (just ONE hit and I'm dead).
It is not because I have bad gear and few life, but because my damage is too high.
So I have bought end game gear to do high damge and I have to take them away?
Reflection must be more visible (a large aura, so we can see the reflection before hitting the monster for instance).
Sorry for my English
Regards
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2016, 3:39:51 PM
Reflect enemies are already VERY visible by their aura (for example, elemental reflect http://i.imgur.com/DYHamsM.jpg, the blue and red rotating bolts)

I think this is physical thorns: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6357vMmMlUM/hqdefault.jpg

They are HIGHLY visible now AND only come as single mobs usually.

Those aren't really a problem anymore unlike the earlier days in PoE where reflect was pretty much a death sentence for some builds as they affected whole groups.

This is now only the case in reflect maps, which you can of course read in the map description and probably do not run if you are a crit build.

Try to incorporate Life Leech (via gem or Warlord's Mark, or simply items/tree) including Vaal Pact into your build, against elemental reflect raise resistances via Purities (max res) and Flasks (you can easily see those mobs and hit a flask before doing damage for a lot of builds, not all of course if you are off-screen shooting enemies).

Against phyiscal reflect, just have enough evasion to evade your own attacks (have a good evasion to your own accuracy ratio), maybe add dodge ... or have a lot of Armour to mitigate those hits.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your answer
Anyway my case is elemental reflection in particular against lightning element.
Sometimes I see reflection pretty in time, but other times I don't see it ( maybe because there are many mobs or bourning ground or flame totems or maybe I'm blind)
This is not only a problem of mine, I have seen many people die for reflection in my maps because of they don't see it in time. Or if you are doing your map faster, suddenly apper a reflection mob and your are oneshotted with 1 hit
On my Blade Vortex Saboteur, I have Bear Traps to deal with reflect mobs. I'd absolutely wreck myself otherwise. Any indirect damage works well against reflect. Be it Totems or minions.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
It's a matter of balances.
And sacrifice.

Deal loads of damage and you can kill enemies quickly, easily, (and to a certain degree, safely) but you're very weak to reflect.

Deal less damage and suddenly while you're safer against reflection you're slower in killing your enemies which can expose you to dangers you might not have otherwise faced as well as just taking more time.

Use minions and you sacrifice both time, damage and control while making gains in safety.

Totems have less of a sacrifice in time, damage and control than the minions but are still slower than the initial self-cast/attack build.

"
Umbryl wrote:
So I have bought end game gear to do high damge and I have to take them away?

Either that, or live with constant vigilance.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
If you are playing solo reflect shouldn't be much of a problem atleast until you reach t10+ maps since even high life rare mobs usually have too little hp to 1 shot you even if you kill them in 1 hit for max amount reflected damage ( assuming basic 5k ish life and modest mitigation)

Then again when in party of 6, mobs have around 8 times more hp and therfore if you 1 shot mobs you'll get 8x more reflected damage. If you play alot in parties you will have to take more drastic measures against it
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
Last edited by kaarelo on Jun 14, 2016, 6:26:17 AM
Since you said something about it being bad with lightning damage especially, you could maybe try to use a topaz flask or purity of lightning.
I have slight problems with physical reflect on my main character this league, but not as bad as what you described. I usually carry a granite flask with me to prevent immediate death.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It's a wonder anyone can even see enemy auras in this game considering how many effects and whatnot is constantly going off nonstop.

I still remember when they implemented Reflect when Lightning Arrow/Fork/Chain was running the show completely unhindered.

The tidal wave of tears that caused was wonderful to see. Beautiful.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
Basically the game is built around the fact that you need to invest into countering reflect. Methods are as following in your case in order of importance:
1) Capped lighting res
2) Purity of lighting
3) Items giving +max to lighting resistance
4) If it's attack dmg, splitting the dmg into multiple smaller chunks you can evade, have high evasion
5) vaal pact + high HP pool

It's very likely your build is just bad regarding this. Adjust your build accordingly.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
kaarelo wrote:
Then again when in party of 6, mobs have around 8 times more hp

Source? According to the wiki each additional party member gives 60% extra life to monsters on merciless. If it is additive, a six-player party would encounter monsters with 300% extra life, or 4x the original amount. If it is multiplicative, monster life would be 10.49x the original. So where does 8x come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info