Question to "Powerful Precision" [Deadeye/Ranger]

Hi,

I use actually the Powerful Precision ascendant passive node and i've got also 100% chance to pierce with my Drillneck + tree passives, but the projectiles doesn't seem to return at all no matter if with Split Arrow or Tornado Shot the results are still the same.

Is it because of my basic pierce chance? A visual bug? Any clues?

Thanks
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jun 13, 2016, 4:34:10 AM
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 6:25:16 AM
Having 100% pierce chance will never get the projectiles to return since they will be piercing mobs automatically as the projectiles passes through them.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"Re: Projectiles return to you Sent: September 10, 2014 9:30 PM From: Mark_GGG To: windz

Returning is a behaviour a projectile can have to continue travelling after a hit, like pierce, fork and chain. The projectiles will return if they hit a target and do not pierce/fork/chain from them. If they pierce/fork/chain, they cannot return on that target (but can on future targets if they don't pierce/fork/chain on those). Once it's hit one target, a regular projectile cannot hit the same target again."

An increase in the chance of piercing leads to a decrease in the chance of projectiles returning to you. I've got the same ascendancy with additional 50% chance from the pierce gem and only very few projectiles from kinetic blast return. With your additional 100% chance to pierce, there should be no reason for a projectile to return back to you.
Last edited by _Deadly_ on Jun 13, 2016, 4:42:57 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Having 100% pierce chance will never get the projectiles to return since they will be piercing mobs automatically as the projectiles passes through them.

The node description says "Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets". even if i pierce through them i hit the target in fact at least once, i mean no hit no damage you know?

The description of the node would be completeley misleading and plain simply wrong if that's really the case.

Either way i've already wasted 10 regrets to remove the node passives from Ricochet (since it did also nothing) to Powerful Precision and it seems i've just wasted currency and time here :/
- Best Signature Ever -
Well, that's the game mechanics.
When would the projectile return to you? It doesn't say "projectiles split", after all.
That said, with 100% pierce, the node grants you 100% crit chance. Always.
That's not a bad node.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

Pretty much. With how GGG has their mechanics in place, 100% pierce means goodbye to fork, chain, and return. Pierce has precedence above the three if 100% is reached.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

Game mechanics are a great thing, misleading descriptions not so IMHO.

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

When would the projectile return to you?

Once i hit the target? What are your projectiles doing if you're shooting? Do they dance around a campfire and singing kumbaya? ;)

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
with 100% pierce, the node grants you 100% crit chance. Always.
That's not a bad node.

That's of course not a bad thing but the 10% you'll get doesn't make much sense for a non crit build :p
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jun 13, 2016, 5:21:17 AM
well something has to take priority at the end of the day, if the projectile returned to you, over riding your pierce, chain etc, then you could just view it from the other direction. My skill says it chains why does it not chain? Why does the return over ride the chain? There has to be a pecking order, it cant pierce, chain, fork and return off the same hit.
"

Once i hit the target? What are your projectiles doing if you're shooting? Do they dance around a campfire and singing kumbaya? ;)

Can't exclude that possibility, of course.
Just, if they always returned, they would never pierce, so guess what, all the people that got the node for the pierce would complain.
Not the best solution, either.
Given that apparently no one expects the projectiles to duplicate, one has to assume they do one or the other.
It would be nonsensical to assume they always return, given that that would invalidate the entire pierce scenario.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info