Doomfletch's Prism ToolTip DPS

Hi,

In fact , from what I can test so far (beginning of bestiary league), all the explainations provided (about the tip not displaying, but with some math exemples to explain how it should work) are just ... wrong. I'm currently running a trickster and was hopping to avalanche damages from phys to elem down to chaos with really nice amplification on the way.

I had serious doubt about all the explanations from my previous test/leveling so I purchased an abyssus, thus almost doubling my phys to attack damage output (av. 300 => 590 in game displayed). When playing with it I can barrely tell the difference. Just close to zero. I just picked up the item that could have provided me the best boost around and I'm stuck at low tier maps currently. Thus, no need to even go for steel rings+contempt essence, I know it WON'T work.

My build might not be perfect but I'm sure something is awfully wrong with the damage enhancer that should be provided by doomsflecht's prism. (I just hope the "extra chaos damage of 3.2 trickster" is not as bugged as doom's prism)

Since the display in game (and in PoE building) is wrong, it's impossible to test without wasting hours of game. It's impossible to even know if only the display is bugged or if there is still something misunderstood.

The only thing I haven't tested so far is about abyss jewel and the "physical to bow" affix. The exact display of doomflecht's prims is indeed "of WEAPON physical damage". Should it be the case, the boost enhancer would be difficult to scale up.

I'm quitte new to the game (few months) but I don't understand that something might still be wrong almost 2 years later, be it just the display. And it seems it is not *just* the display from my test.

(currently running a trickster with doom's prism. On my tabula I'm using tornado/physical projectile/chance to bleed/greater multiple proj/icebite/chain. I also use a faminebind, reaguard, and 1 or 2 abyss's jewels. The main idea was to use both the "hidden dps avalanche" of doom's prism with a bleed DoT. So far it's a fail though it should be awesome just based on item description and information on forums just like the above description)
Last edited by Atlantis_arch on Mar 5, 2018, 2:16:11 PM
I noticed a tweak in POEBuilding yesterday, so I gave doom's prism a last shot. In selecting doom's as a secondary weapon too I had the correct calculation included in POEB, boosting my dps by a "slight" x 3 factor (5 => 15). So even if display is wrong, I should see a clear difference with other unique bows around.
And I finished all my test :
- NO improvment in clearing maps after using another doomflechter's prism as a secondary weapon
- NO improvment in clearing maps after using "+bow physical damage" abyss jewels

That has to be added with already tested (after watching old videos of good theorycrafter like mathil) :
- NO improvment in clearing maps after using Abyssus (should had doubled my phys dps and improved total DPS a lot)
- NO improvment in clearing maps after using iron rings (or "+phys dmg" rings)

Using other bows is doing a better work.

Actually, that is not only the display of doomfletcher that is bugged, the ENTIRE weapon is GARBAGE.

Note : I'd like to thank the tabula rasa for beeing here, preventing me to waste currency to 6L link that useless weapon.
Still not fixed. PLEASE FIX GGG!! I love this new build and I would love to have functional tooltips. I mean, it's really important for the endgame to be able to see changes in your damage.
Doomfletch Prism builds are my favorite. Sadly, I can't figure out easily the total damage. If the code can calculate and apply the damage for real, it should be able to use the same formula to display it. If I think about switching to a bow with higher damage, I have to do math every time and hope I calculate right? Or if I want to decide between two nodes, or amulets, I have to put one on, do a bunch of math, then try the other, again, hoping my math is correct. This should be very embarrassing for GGG that this has gone on so long. I read the release notes and the things they fix aren't all as important as this. Seriously, getting tired of this.
Up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info