Doomfletch's Prism ToolTip DPS

Currently the DPS of the added damage of Doomfletch's Prism is not showing on the tooltip.

In this Picture i should be also doing cold damage since i have the bow equiped but i am doing lightning and fire only

Last bumped on Dec 12, 2018, 5:37:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Also the damage might just not be aplying at all(sorry for my bad english btw)
im dumb i forgot pyre but i removed them and i still got no cold damage.
Yes the tooltip is bugged. It probably comes from the normal Doomfletch, which also doesn't show any added elemental damage from the bow itself, because you just get one damage type at a time. Doomfletch's prism does always add all 3 elements and should show the damage.

edit: you can calculate your real tooltip dps with LA like this: Multiply double the damage (50% gets converted but the "damage gained" comes from all your physical damage) of your physical damage of your LA with 3.3 and add that to your DPS.
Last edited by umtskabel on Jun 13, 2016, 4:51:39 AM
Please fix this :'(

I am new to bowing and I have no idea how to scale this properly, because the real damage isn't showed.
"
Raye wrote:
"
TheFilthxo wrote:
Please fix this :'(

I am new to bowing and I have no idea how to scale this properly, because the real damage isn't showed.

It's possible to calculate yourself, but a bit complex with elemental modifiers in action. Check in your character sheet the damage you do with your main skill (not in tooltip! You must check in char sheet as tooltip doesn't show all modifiers), take the physical part and simply add that times 1.1 for each element and then estimate elemental modifiers.

A bit of work surely, but much more likely to be done than GGG to spend valuable time to solve a fringe case that affects quite few people when they have so much bigger fish to fry.

Thing is, I don't even know what applies or when. Is the 110% * 3 damage scaled by weapon elemental damage, for example? Before or after %physical?
I agree, it's not the most gamebreaking of bugs, but it is probably an easy fix too!
Guys just a question related to the DPS of doomfletch, if i take Alot of Flat phys everywhere and then take like Physical damage and bow physical damage notables, does the addition of The elemental Count After all the nodes that help me improve my Physical?
"
pumie wrote:
Guys just a question related to the DPS of doomfletch, if i take Alot of Flat phys everywhere and then take like Physical damage and bow physical damage notables, does the addition of The elemental Count After all the nodes that help me improve my Physical?

The weapon's added elemental is done after physical modifiers are taken into account.

For example, if you had 100 physical damage, and 50% increased physical, then the physical part would be 150. Then the 110% of each element kicks in and adds 150 x 1.10 = 165 damage each.

And since it's likely to come up for others, if you have a damage conversion such as Lightning Arrow then it's easiest to think of the conversion happening after the added elemental stuff. So if you had that above 150 physical damage, the 165 each of lightning, cold, and fire get added and then if you had 50% physical to fire conversion that 150 would simply split to 75 physical and 75 fire, which means the final damage would be 75 phys, 165 lightning, 165 cold, and 165 + 75 = 240 fire.

And yeah, I've noticed as well that Doomfletch's Prism doesn't give the proper tooltip. I've entirely taken out any elemental damage from my gear and links and my Frenzy shows only as doing physical damage, yet I am able to shock, freeze, and ignite.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Aug 26, 2016, 10:43:15 PM
"
The weapon's added elemental is done after physical modifiers are taken into account.

Conversion and Damage Based On occur at the same stage (they're technically the same thing, but DBO does not reduce the source Damage), before Damage modifiers.

I added in 50% Increased Elemental Damage to showcase why it's relevant:
100 Phys Damage
110% Phys as Fire
110% Phys as Lightning
110% Phys as Cold
50% Phys to Fire
50% Increased Physical Damage
50% Increased Elemental Damage

Step one: from Phys to X
100 * 1.1 = 110 Fire (from Phys)
100 * 1.1 = 110 Lightning (from Phys)
100 * 1.1 = 110 Cold (from Phys)
100 * 0.5 = 50 Fire (from Phys)
100 - 50 = 50 Physical damage

No further Conversion

Step two: Damage modifiers.
110 * (1 + (50/100) + (50/100)) = 220 F/C/L
50 * (1 + (50/100) + (50/100)) = 100 Fire
50 * (1 + (50/100)) = 75 Physical

Your method would end up with 100 * 1.5 * 1.1 * 1.5 = 247 F/C/L Damage from Doomfletch's Prism.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 26, 2016, 11:16:08 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"

Conversion and Damage Based On occur at the same stage (they're technically the same thing, but DBO does not reduce the source Damage), before Damage modifiers.

It was an example to give some illustration for someone who seems to not have as much of the mechanics down, not necessarily be specific. I've noticed some people have difficulty grasping simultaneous calculations (such as the physical damage reduction from armor and endurance charges being combined at the same time), hence saying the "added as" conversions are done after the regular conversions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info