question : character passives on gear/gems , and ranks

first are the character passives going to have one 'rank' per node or have multiple ranks to invest in on a -single- node ?

will gear/gems ever spawn with character tree passives attached to them ? not generic upgrades like +3% phys-dmg , but the specific passive tree skill like brute-force or keen-eyes .

Last bumped on Nov 7, 2010, 3:29:51 AM
They have one rank per node, but there are sometimes multiple copies of the same skill nearby (or in a group far away if we want to limit the number of consecutive points the player can put in that skill).
It means that there are other motivators for investing multiple points in the same type of passive - certain arcs of the tree require more of an investment to reach.

So far gear doesn't show up with actual passive skills attached to it. Currently, the only way to get the passives is to put the points in the tree. Of course, we have plenty of mods that are similar to skills in the passive tree, like the example you gave.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
thanks for answer , the unique per node method is much preferred over 'growing' ranks :)
"
vahss3 wrote:
first are the character passives going to have one 'rank' per node or have multiple ranks to invest in on a -single- node ?

will gear/gems ever spawn with character tree passives attached to them ? not generic upgrades like +3% phys-dmg , but the specific passive tree skill like brute-force or keen-eyes .

Where did your examples of passive skills come from? I haven't been able to find any info on them.
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
they are not real actual passives that i have seen in any movies , just made up names for examples .
"
Chris wrote:
They have one rank per node, but there are sometimes multiple copies of the same skill nearby (or in a group far away if we want to limit the number of consecutive points the player can put in that skill).
It means that there are other motivators for investing multiple points in the same type of passive - certain arcs of the tree require more of an investment to reach.

So far gear doesn't show up with actual passive skills attached to it. Currently, the only way to get the passives is to put the points in the tree. Of course, we have plenty of mods that are similar to skills in the passive tree, like the example you gave.

Sounds like these trees might be large and complex. I'm wondering if there is any randomness to them, or differences between the classes?
I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
I think the tree is constant, just depending on your class attributes you get different amounts of stats from going down each branch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info