Auction House (or whatever...)

"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:
I'm a fan of Hideout Vendors. People can visit your hideout and buy items from the vendor without you needing to be explicitly be there. Hideout is only accessible when you're online, as are the items on the vendor only listed in the in-game searchable database.

I like this idea - one exception - what if you are in a map and someone decides to visit and dump your portals?

They might be able to counteract that by making portals invisible to anyone not in your group. (Maybe) --- We can check with Goetzjam to see if he approves of this idea.
I always enjoy when people bring up the "GGG states they will never have an auction house". When honestly poe.trade is a poor mans auction house right now. The only difference being convenience.

Auction House, you type in what you want... click on item... hit buy.. get item.
Poe.trade, you type in what you want... copy a message... send a whisper... maybe get a reply... if you do.. get into a party... trade items... say thanks or w/e.. get item.

This so called player trading experience doesn't exist except maybe people discussing higher end items at best. Or the occasional player asking to trade in alternate currency. But that doesn't have very often, usually only in the beginning of the league. When players don't have much to begin with.

GGG took way to long to create a trading system in this game. Poe.trade grew as more and more people started using it/ informing others on how to use it. Whatever system GGG would have come up with had to have been better then poe.trade or nobody would care. That and if everyone stopped using poe.trade... then whoever works on poe.trade would have gotten the big middle finger. That wouldn't sit well with long standing players of the game to see it brushed aside like that. It wouldn't look good on GGGs part as well since they took years to work on trade.

Kind of seems like they had no other choice but to endorse poe.trade as the way to trade in poe. But that also means that its basically an AH.
It doesn't have to be an Auction House in the sense it was like in Diablo III but something has to be done with the system in place now.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Auction House, you type in what you want... click on item... hit buy.. get item.

Kind of seems like they had no other choice but to endorse poe.trade as the way to trade in poe. But that also means that its basically an AH.

This is simply wrong, poe.trade is not an auction house, not even close. Also the nature of an auction house is to BID on an AUCTION. There are no auctions on poe.trade, only items you can buy. But you need the player interaction - without it, you open the door for bots. And believe me, this will happen - the average player will be unable to buy items for regular prices, UNLESS they're also using bots.

It already getting worse with the alerts poe.trade introduced. Bots are crawling the API over and over again and there exist already tools to use for flipping.

An auction house would nothing make better, maybe only a bit more convenient but at the charge of prices. It will end up in the same situation as it was in D3, most items of worth will not be affordable anymore to the average players. "Gold sellers" will overtake this with bots and sell their currency on 3rd party sides.
"
Zalkortis wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:

This is simply wrong, poe.trade is not an auction house, not even close. Also the nature of an auction house is to BID on an AUCTION. There are no auctions on poe.trade, only items you can buy. But you need the player interaction - without it, you open the door for bots. And believe me, this will happen - the average player will be unable to buy items for regular prices, UNLESS they're also using bots.

It already getting worse with the alerts poe.trade introduced. Bots are crawling the API over and over again and there exist already tools to use for flipping.

An auction house would nothing make better, maybe only a bit more convenient but at the charge of prices. It will end up in the same situation as it was in D3, most items of worth will not be affordable anymore to the average players. "Gold sellers" will overtake this with bots and sell their currency on 3rd party sides.

what if, tradehouse was made without bidding, only buyout and 2nd arent bots/automatization of game bannable ingame? Shouldn't they be instabanned? By your words it sounds as poe is infested with bots and nobody cares about it?

And also, we must remember their words at start of this year, that there will be 2nd wave of trade improvements, public tabs were the first.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Necromael wrote:
what if, tradehouse was made without bidding, only buyout and 2nd arent bots/automatization of game bannable ingame? Shouldn't they be instabanned? By your words it sounds as poe is infested with bots and nobody cares about it?

And also, we must remember their words at start of this year, that there will be 2nd wave of trade improvements, public tabs were the first.

No, it's not. Because it's very unattractive to gold sellers atm. Because it has no ingame auction house.

And because first step of improvements was public stash tab, the second improvement is an auction house? lol - that would negate step 1 completely. Of course there will be more improvement, but I doubt GGG will ever implement something near to an AH.
Last edited by Zalkortis on Sep 5, 2016, 6:17:46 AM
Enduros has the best idea.

"
Enduros wrote:

Escrow system
An escrow system might work though. Kind of like trade is now, but remote version of it. You can send the trade to someone, put 5c in the window and write what you want and then go offline. Then the guy comes online, puts that item in the window, accepts. You still need to be online to hit the final accept and complete the trade. Would need some chat box for messages.

"
Zalkortis wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:

Actually there are versions of Auction Houses that use Buyouts as a way to sell items. It's also what is generally referred to when discussing AH. A simple buyout feature where you don't have to wait, just buy the item and get it. I would agree though that I don't think a full fledged AH would be a great thing. I don't enjoy spamming refresh to try and buy something quicker then a bot. If I could trust that GGG could deal with bot issues, I'd be okay with it. But they constantly have a lot on their plate to do everything in this game.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
Zalkortis wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:

Actually there are versions of Auction Houses that use Buyouts as a way to sell items. It's also what is generally referred to when discussing AH. A simple buyout feature where you don't have to wait, just buy the item and get it. I would agree though that I don't think a full fledged AH would be a great thing. I don't enjoy spamming refresh to try and buy something quicker then a bot. If I could trust that GGG could deal with bot issues, I'd be okay with it. But they constantly have a lot on their plate to do everything in this game.

sadly you missed the most important part of my point
Maplestory trade system

* Can use the same system as whatever the new trade thing was but with added features for the maplestory part
* Can add a new town for this or something like a map that is called market place that lets anyone join the map with 6 portals per map that an zana could sell
* Would be able to trade while online or offline without having to do anything other then set up your shop on the map/town

How it works:
You go to said map/town go to the place you want your shop at on said place put prices for your items like the trade is now
Hit Setup shop or whatever
Doing this makes your char unuseable while its on and allows you to place more items if you sell out etc

Players right click on the other player (the other player is the shop) and it opens a new window like any npc with items to buy
You buy said item for said price listed

Can allow you to have buyout tab or a bid tab along with a trade tab or even a buy from tab so you can buy items from others at set price

Once your done trading hit close shop and it removes your shop and lets you go on playing
Last edited by Lynerus on Sep 6, 2016, 12:48:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info