Plagiarism on part of GGG?

Could a dev or mod please clear something up for me?

Most people know that the gem system is taken from FF7 and most importantly one of the major selling points of this game, the sphere grid is taken from FF10, Im wondering if Square Enix finds out about this could they possibly take legal action against GGG?

I don't recall reading any credit to square enix (square soft) for using their level and sphere grid system.

Thanks.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 19, 2013, 8:06:53 AM
"
Myrnn wrote:
Could a dev or mod please clear something up for me?

Most people know that the gem system is taken from FF7 and most importantly one of the major selling points of this game, the sphere grid is taken from FF10, Im wondering if Square Enix finds out about this could they possibly take legal action against GGG?

I don't recall reading any credit to square enix (square soft) for using their level and sphere grid system.

Thanks.

You are not even qualified as a troll.Please people,dont feed him,exept me.
Bye bye desync!
And another contender for "Dumbest post or winnest troll of the day"

Also Myrnn is copyrighted to someone somewhere, better hide before legal action against you man...

Never argue with a zombie, he'll drag you down to his level and eat your brains.
It begins...

OH NO! Marcellus Gilmore Edson invented peanut butter, even patented it... Why are there so many other peanut butter brands out there!? Why aren't they sued?

It's not Square enix's system.. Iamgine if the first person to write a book about elves went out to sue every single person that used the race 'elf' in one of their games, books or movies. Now if they completely copied it and ripped it off, maybe, but PoE is still unique.
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
My brain...
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Feb 19, 2013, 5:43:54 AM
Also noticed there are Ghosts in the game but neither saw any credit given to Pacman lets just hope Namco doesn't find out about it.
Pretty sure if ghosts appeared in roughly the exact way shape and form Namco could possibly take legal action.

I understand the gem thing could be explained but the sphere grid system they are using is identicle to the one found in FF10.

Similer starting positions for each character, similer node attachments etc.
Never study law OP, thanks.
Last edited by kapitankapusta on Feb 19, 2013, 5:52:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info