Righteous Fire

"
endersblade wrote:

Life: 6009
ES: 147
Fire Res: 87%(226%) (will be 88% once Purity of Fire hits 20, still leveling it)
Life Regen: 706.5 (774.5 with Stone Golem)

Without the Stone Golem, my life slowly ticks away. According to the post on the first page, 10.5% of my HP is 649, which I am well over even without the Golem. What am I doing wrong?

87% fire resists means you're taking 11.7% of your life per second which is 703.05

Then you're also taking 9.1% of your ES per second (Since you always burn for both ES and Life values) which is 13.37

Meaning you're taking a total of 716.42 damage per second from RF, which is more than your 706.5 life regen.

Once you hit 88% resists, you'll be taking only 10.8% life and 8.4% ES per second (648.97 and 12.34 respectively) for a total of 661.31 per second, which would let you cover the degen without the golem.
Ah, thank you so much for the info! I'll have to look into buying a level 20 PoF so I can deal with this lol. I might also look into buying a Fragile Bloom in the meantime, they're cheap.
"
Tarille wrote:
"
endersblade wrote:

Life: 6009
ES: 147
Fire Res: 87%(226%) (will be 88% once Purity of Fire hits 20, still leveling it)
Life Regen: 706.5 (774.5 with Stone Golem)

Without the Stone Golem, my life slowly ticks away. According to the post on the first page, 10.5% of my HP is 649, which I am well over even without the Golem. What am I doing wrong?

87% fire resists means you're taking 11.7% of your life per second which is 703.05

Then you're also taking 9.1% of your ES per second (Since you always burn for both ES and Life values) which is 13.37

Meaning you're taking a total of 716.42 damage per second from RF, which is more than your 706.5 life regen.

Once you hit 88% resists, you'll be taking only 10.8% life and 8.4% ES per second (648.97 and 12.34 respectively) for a total of 661.31 per second, which would let you cover the degen without the golem.

my question is do you really need "Fire Res: 87%(226%)" the one in parenthesis looks too much to me do we need that much? cant we sit at 130-140% ?
226% is way friggen more than you need, yeah. 140 is nice to combat Map Curses and the occasional Necro or Firemage being a jack.
"
endersblade wrote:
Ah, thank you so much for the info! I'll have to look into buying a level 20 PoF so I can deal with this lol. I might also look into buying a Fragile Bloom in the meantime, they're cheap.

There's a reason that jewel is cheap, it hurts more than it helps, since the 10% increased damage taken will also make you take more from RF, usually canceling out the regen.
"
endersblade wrote:
Sorry to necro this, but I'm currently having a hard time with the life regen part of this build. My current gear is as follows:

You need to run a level 20 vitality gem for the 1.65% life regen per second. It's a must have. Also for more dps you need to craft a Essence of Delirium on your gloves to get the 30% increased damage over time.
Also endersblade,

Remove any modifier that says "added fire damage to attacks" from any Armour piece. Replace it with added "cold damage" or "added lightning damage". Your "added fire damage" modifier on your ring is increasing every enemies fire resistance by 25% making your attacks weaker.

Once you fix that, shield charge into a mob of enemies and you will notice a pink circle under their feet letting you know elemental equilibrium has proc'd. You will notice a HUGE damage increase by fixing this alone.
"
"
endersblade wrote:
Sorry to necro this, but I'm currently having a hard time with the life regen part of this build. My current gear is as follows:

You need to run a level 20 vitality gem for the 1.65% life regen per second. It's a must have. Also for more dps you need to craft a Essence of Delirium on your gloves to get the 30% increased damage over time.

people still run vitality on righteous fire? .. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww 35% mana for 3 -4 mino regen nodes

its times like this that i am glad i went mom.

i can sustain rf on -11% min max and 60% regen maps ... its not intelligent . but i can o.o
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 17, 2017, 9:16:08 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

people still run vitality on righteous fire? .. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww 35% mana for 3 -4 mino regen nodes

its times like this that i am glad i went mom.

i can sustain rf on -11% min max and 60% regen maps ... its not intelligent . but i can o.o

Haha that vitality gem would definitely help his regen issues. How is MOM righteous fire? I thought about trying it out myself.
i have 850 mana per-second on consecrated ground and rf only burns through about

200 ish mana persecond for me which is below even my passive mana regen most of the time

this means i only need about 550 flat life regen on my 6k hp character.

splitting it this way helps a bunch with min max maps and slower regen maps .

i am actually a scorching ray build that happens to have rf . but the rf is pretty good all things considered.

ihave about 12% life regen as well as a golem and I like being able to run lab without rf and being able to regen through everything like a champion.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 17, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info