Righteous Fire

does the culling strike, on the slayer tree apply to spells, attacks & righteous fire included?
"
The_Feral_Dog wrote:
does the culling strike, on the slayer tree apply to spells, attacks & righteous fire included?

RF is a degen, degens dont hit, culling requires a hit -> so RF cant cull.
In general, DoTs will neither:
Crit
apply other Dots
apply any on-hit effects (like cull, lifegain, knockback, etc)
leech.
It's basically just continued damage that, barring special cases of outside influences, does pretty much nothing. -But Kill, I suppose.

For Ascendancies, there's a few valid options:

• Occultist for Blasphemy, Elementalist for bonus damage
  • Assassin for DoT reduction and damage, Trickster for +60% life regen (means 10% is enough in any case, but a bad start for RF
  • Marauder has Berserker for extra damage, but I recommend Chieftain, with enough ECs, you get mad regen. Or you could go RF totems, of course.
  • All Templar Asc. are decent, though I think Inquisitor is a great choice.

I've seen RF duelists, but I wouldn't call it a spectacular choice.
The 2h reduced DoT damage taken is mostly used to allow for a decent 2h weapon for cyclone or similar, adding to the dealt damage.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
thank you very much for the input and help guys ^.^, i plan on using a one handed weapon and rise of the phoenix. and to either start as a witch, marauder, or templar. i plan on RF being my main skill. but am aware of lots of players also use another skill to output more damage. what one handed weapons would be good on an RF build? was thinking an ele scepter with some nice global increased damage?
Depends on what the skill should do.
A lot of people go Cyclone for movement through mobs and stun immunity.
You could obviously go for a spell, too.
Scepter is definitely a good choice.
You could also quick-cast a few Blade Vortexes or have a CwDt Setup for bonus offense.
If you have RF, you could get a weapon with Leech or strong LGoH to supplement your sustain.
Alternatively, if you find the points, could try CoC Cyclone to also get the knives, in this case use a dagger.
Scepter is the best bet for enhancing the RF, though.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
The_Feral_Dog wrote:
thank you very much for the input and help guys ^.^, i plan on using a one handed weapon and rise of the phoenix. and to either start as a witch, marauder, or templar. i plan on RF being my main skill. but am aware of lots of players also use another skill to output more damage. what one handed weapons would be good on an RF build? was thinking an ele scepter with some nice global increased damage?

I'm running a budget (but Atziri without death viable) pure RF Char atm with this:

Gear

Alternative Weapon would be:
Spoiler

Not saying it's perfect in any way, but it does the job ;)
Hope it helps
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
man you guys have helped so much, this is one of the best forums/communities ive experienced on any game. thanks guys ^.^
how do you handle elemental weakness, -max resi, 60%life/mana reg,.. map mods? just dont play them?
Last edited by rade0n on Jun 8, 2016, 2:45:37 PM
"
The_Feral_Dog wrote:
man you guys have helped so much, this is one of the best forums/communities ive experienced on any game. thanks guys ^.^

You're welcome ;)
I forgot to explain the Orb of Storms in my weapon: That is used to trigger elemental overload. Since it is lightning (triggers equilibrium too), has high range and high crit, it is perfect for that imo.

"
rade0n wrote:
how do you handle elemental weakness, -max resi, 60%life/mana reg,.. map mods? just dont play them?

Currently i can outreg vulnerability and - 40 reg, weakness is np (fire is way overcaped). For everything else I avoid playing those maps, if I have to i put vitality on and spam flasks. It's not much fun though.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Jun 8, 2016, 2:56:48 PM
@The_Feral_Dog: Darkrox is a great example of typical RF build, you should follow his example if you want to make a RF build.

@Darkrox: the 8% reduced elemental damege from ascendy is multiplicative I guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info