[2.3] Myra Burning Vortex (CHEAP, 100% fire, AA, dual curse, Vaal Pact, Vaal righteous fire)

"
SeekerDK wrote:
Haven't you considered Elemental Equilibrium?

Lightning warp give more fire blast damage
Fire blast gives more DOT cold
Orb of storm resets to give more burning and DOT (and sets up for Vaal RF)

I would think it was a no-brainer, but I might be missing somethinig?

That is quite interesting, hmm havent really thought much about that. However, lightning warp AoE is rather small and it would not hit all the pack. Often we dont even use orb of storm 'cause 1 vortex can clear the whole pack. Orb of storm is usually only used to setup for Vaal RF at boss fight or tough rare. EE can be nice but it will require more thought and preparation each time you wrap into a pack.
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
SeekerDK wrote:

That is quite interesting, hmm havent really thought much about that. However, lightning warp AoE is rather small and it would not hit all the pack. Often we dont even use orb of storm 'cause 1 vortex can clear the whole pack. Orb of storm is usually only used to setup for Vaal RF at boss fight or tough rare. EE can be nice but it will require more thought and preparation each time you wrap into a pack.

When I play a map with EE I only use vortex for rares & tanky blue packs. Lightning warp procs ignite and prolif with -fire res so I don't even need to use my main skill most of the time. Though I agree that with EE in the tree it requires more prep for each pack to actually boost your dmg, it's still kinda funny what happens when you have it. But yeah in the long run it's probably not worth it.
"
spaggetti wrote:

When I play a map with EE I only use vortex for rares & tanky blue packs. Lightning warp procs ignite and prolif with -fire res so I don't even need to use my main skill most of the time.

Lightning warp Prolif build incoming? :D
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
SeekerDK wrote:

The only place where it will work against you, is when casting 2 fireskill in succession (2x vortex or vortex and RF). At least to me, that doesn't require that much more though. Most of the time, the worst case scenario would be that the initial fire is unaltered, but the DOT would still be improved by EE. And at the cost of just one skillpoint, I would strongly recommend it :)

You could also consider going for the AOE notes right of sharper near Scion. AOE is good for all skills (Vortex, RF, LW and even OoS). But that is quite a few points to get there and not through the best nodes.
Phew, endgame Izaro done. The first two phases were super easy, he goes down very fast after the first skeletons spawn. I had some trouble with the third phase, since he had some nasty buffs left from earlier (I got comboed once, frozen by Izaro's melee and teleported on top of a trap). Bit more health and maybe less annoying buffs and it's pretty farmable.

I did go RF though, so far it's been really good. I'm at around 19-22k tooltip depending how the Pendulum is swinging, and RF itself does considerable damage as well. Oneshotting most bosses, though I haven't managed to get my map pool past t11 so that's not saying much :P

So far map mods haven't caused any trouble, -max res, vulnerability and ele weakness haven't been too bad with RF on, the degen's fairly small.

Yeah, I've the same experience with Lightning Warp, it's surprisingly good at killing stuff. Though, I had Edict of Frost on my gloves for a long while and that was pretty good at killing incidental mobs as well..
Last edited by Keemossi on Jun 11, 2016, 10:13:28 AM
bump for goodness
Why no Heart of flame? Sounds good, but I have no idea how damage mechanics actually work in this game, so I have to ask :C
"
Skollolol wrote:
Why no Heart of flame? Sounds good, but I have no idea how damage mechanics actually work in this game, so I have to ask :C

I have a part in the guide about all the damage mods that are good for us. Heart of flame is nice but not the best among what we can get.
"
SeekerDK wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
SeekerDK wrote:

The only place where it will work against you, is when casting 2 fireskill in succession (2x vortex or vortex and RF). At least to me, that doesn't require that much more though. Most of the time, the worst case scenario would be that the initial fire is unaltered, but the DOT would still be improved by EE. And at the cost of just one skillpoint, I would strongly recommend it :)

You could also consider going for the AOE notes right of sharper near Scion. AOE is good for all skills (Vortex, RF, LW and even OoS). But that is quite a few points to get there and not through the best nodes.

True what you say. But again, it's nice for single target, which we have plenty of damage from Vaal RF for. However, in clearing packs, you either warp in or walk to the pack to cast vortex. In either case, there will be mobs that are only hit by vortex and get fire res buff from EE. This will make DoT ground does more damage, less burning damage. So it's really up to you to get EE or not. I still do not like the node.

AoE is nice but that will be quite a few useless points.
"
Keemossi wrote:
Phew, endgame Izaro done. The first two phases were super easy, he goes down very fast after the first skeletons spawn. I had some trouble with the third phase, since he had some nasty buffs left from earlier (I got comboed once, frozen by Izaro's melee and teleported on top of a trap). Bit more health and maybe less annoying buffs and it's pretty farmable.

I did go RF though, so far it's been really good. I'm at around 19-22k tooltip depending how the Pendulum is swinging, and RF itself does considerable damage as well. Oneshotting most bosses, though I haven't managed to get my map pool past t11 so that's not saying much :P

So far map mods haven't caused any trouble, -max res, vulnerability and ele weakness haven't been too bad with RF on, the degen's fairly small.

Yeah, I've the same experience with Lightning Warp, it's surprisingly good at killing stuff. Though, I had Edict of Frost on my gloves for a long while and that was pretty good at killing incidental mobs as well..

Congrat dude! Update me how you do in high tier maps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info