2H Sword Crit Lacerate project by fiqst

I love your builds, most of your stuff is right up my alley (like Bill the Butcher). Can't wait to try this out.
I see you use Increased Crit Strikes. I'm assuming it's not too easy to get a good crit chance so I was wondering if this build would be good as a Shadow/Assassin. I have no idea what to do with the skill tree, but anyone have any thoughts on it?
Last edited by KillerKookie on Jun 7, 2016, 3:09:59 AM
"
KillerKookie wrote:
I see you use Increased Crit Strikes. I'm assuming it's not too easy to get a good crit chance so I was wondering if this build would be good as a Shadow/Assassin. I have no idea what to do with the skill tree, but anyone have any thoughts on it?

I was inspired by this build and made many variations of it, also including starting in shadow area.
Here is my tree:

its a bit of a stretch, but here you would stack a ton of crit and crit multi and scale your damage out of that. you could possibly drop crit chance strike gem for a crit multi. I used an online tree builder so you can see the stats, life is always a problem with character starting on the right hand side of the tree tho, and here is no exception.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Miazga wrote:
"
KillerKookie wrote:

I was inspired by this build and made many variations of it, also including starting in shadow area.
Here is my tree:

its a bit of a stretch, but here you would stack a ton of crit and crit multi and scale your damage out of that. you could possibly drop crit chance strike gem for a crit multi. I used an online tree builder so you can see the stats, life is always a problem with character starting on the right hand side of the tree tho, and here is no exception.

Have you actually tried playing this build? If so, how does it compare with the Duelist version? Damage, survivabilty, etc.

Also don't you need Vaal Pact? Otherwise, how do you survive reflect?
Last edited by KillerKookie on Jun 7, 2016, 4:41:18 AM
"
KillerKookie wrote:

Have you actually tried playing this build? If so, how does it compare with the Duelist version? Damage, survivabilty, etc.

Also don't you need Vaal Pact? Otherwise, how do you survive reflect?

I have not, I made it using my experience in poe, as many others builds I theorycraft.
This is a draft only, and of course the tree could change, like for example taking vaal pact to deal with reflect, if u get 1shoted by it.
I played a lot of shadow melee/ranged builds, so this is how I know what I may expect.

You can compare the 2 builds side by side, to see the difference between duelist and shadow. As I said most likely my build take less life, but instead have more crit and crit multi.

sadly I don't have time to check every build I would like to make, work and real life have to take priority.
Maybe ask some guys that do live shows of them playing the game? Im guessing they don't have any job so could probably test it within a day or two.

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 7, 2016, 7:07:04 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the lack of replies.

My first attempt at this build was actually with a shadow assassin. I managed to get capped crit pretty easily, but i realised that was the only thing the assassin was good for, crit.

The Slayer gives AoE, -phys reflect, onslaught, 20% more damage and overkill leech. On top of this, i still managed 88% critical chance (97% with AM).

I think the slayer beats assassin.

----------------

You can sacrifice some aoe to be completely reflect proof by swapping inc aoe for phys 2 lightning, which would be a massive dps boost as well.

For me, ive been using the dodge mechanic for a year now and the same tactics work:

- Maintain fortify
- Taste of hate
- Vaal Grace for 75% dodge, 60% spell dodge for 10 seconds
- Vaal pact or acuity (although i want to test brutal fervour once i get the 8th point)

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hey guys, finally conquered physical reflect maps, but had to swap out abyssus for rats nest and take out AM curse gem so it doesn't over ride warlord's mark from my CWDT setup. Also with acuity's gloves, vitality void and IR nodes (so switch of helmets doesn't affect armour rating), physical reflect mobs were a breeze, even without fortify (because some mobs you don't want to leap slam into, haha). Hope this helps.
I've been testing with swapping P2L for inc aoe and i think that its an improvement.

The AoE is reduced but still large and covers 3/4 of the screen.

The dps has significantly risen from 168k to 240k, and has better shock performance.

I should be completely reflect-proof.

Here is a video to showcase the AoE, damage and clearspeed. No Gorge style fastrun, just my regular playstyle:

Plateau

After i get my 8th ascendancy point (what a grind...), i'll test the brutal fervour node to see the leech performance without the insta-leech of acuity or vaal pact.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Is there a way to make Lacerate work with 2h axe slayer? If so any skill builds would help me alot.
can you update your build please with:

- bandits (did u take Oak, oak, power charge or frenzy?)
- tree jewel choices (looking at the tree im guessing u took Intuitive Leap in shadow are to grab the power charge?)

Also maybe adding a tree breakdown for progression would be really nice for less unexperience players.

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info