I am having a very tough choice right now with a build for high dps dagger

Currently I have some Marauders I can respec into Juggernaut which I will probably do at some point.
I have a level 8 duelist I was thinking of leveling for Champion/Gladiator

But I am sitting on a Raider right now with Avatar of the Slaughter, and 2 points into Onslaught path.

Now I can respec into pathfinder or just respec into Avatar of the Veil then Avatar of the Chase

The thing is I like running Abyssus. It doubles dps and allows me to get extremely high damage with wildstrike without maxed gems. I need to tone down the damage however because survivability is a problem. I can run high amounts of dodge, evade, then lightning coil and taste of hate for the hits that do get through and that should be fine.

However, I never use flasks like I see some use them in guide videos. I mainly use them on map bosses before going ham on them. Pathfinder seems very interesting to me. Always poison on hit seems incredibly OP for boss killing. Not to mention if a fight isn't going my way I can simply dodge around for a bit and regain flask charges which seems silly but it does provide a new way to approach fights and not necessarily having to portal out to fill them.

The main thing is I am going to start focusing on learning to flask properly and set them on different buttons. I think pathfinder is a pretty interesting class but I really don't feel like dumping regrets all over if its not that great.

Another question, with poison on hit while flasking, do I even need to travel to adder's touch or can I move in a different direction for more crit/life
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2016, 6:59:51 AM
If youre going crit dagger theres no reason not to take adder's touch. Not only its a 60 crit multi node but the nodes leading up to it are great as well. Even if you already get poison from using flask the node is a must imo for a dagger build.

Also, my suggestion if you're using abyssus is pathfinder or juggernaut. Pathfinder can be extremely good if you practice popping flasks and have a good clear speed.

While waiting for prophecy i specced a standard toon with juggernaut crit facebreaker abyssus (ice crash). It's great. It basically freeze lock almost any boss (example village ruin bosses or map voll's). From my experience on that toon (roughly 3 days of gaming), abyssus is kind of sketchy... The toon has 28k armor (juggernaut OP with a good armour chest) without flasks and i still take quite a lot of physical damage. But if i use a taste of hate + Basalt flask then i feel almost invincible against phys damage. The main problem is reflect. I haven't died to it yet but have one shotted myself to 10% health against a single rare a couple times (needless to say it can't run an ele reflect map).

And you're right about flasks. This whole game revolves around popping flasks at the right time (well lately it's not really that hard with the clear speed meta, peoples just pop them all randomly... all the time). Well actually the game required much more skills back then when you actually had to manage your flasks. Oh well i miss those times...
Last edited by Krayken on Jun 5, 2016, 2:37:48 AM
I figure, high dodge, high evasion, lightning coil + taste of hate + basalt should be enough for any really tough mobs to survive with the abyssus. Its a good roll 213/41.

Almost all my characters are based on keeping charges up or conflux up so I am kind of tired of break neck pace. I like to pick up stuff. T13-15 maps aren't super common for me so I like to take my time with them.

I will probably spec one of my two marauders into a juggernaut regardless just because its a very interesting class. But if I am going crit, juggernaut would be quite some stretching.

Against bosses, which is the only thing that really matters, Raider doesn't do that great. And I feel phasing would be more important for a bow ranger. I just whirling blades through enemies with high atkspeed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info