Leap Slam Templar

Hey guys,

after RIPing my 75 Summoner Witch yesterday i am going to build a Leap Slam Templar. Jumping like a Goatmen from pack to pack profiting from the Leap Slam AoE.

Going to link Faster Attacks, LOH, added Fire Damage and depending on my links some other stuff to LS. Skilling into Blood Magic and alot of Life / Armor Nodes.

Has anyone tryed a similar build and can tell me his / her expirience. I dont wanna level up to 50+ just to find out this would suck on merciless :)
currently

leap slam + increased critical
then ice nova

with 4 raised zombies + minion life

seems to work ok

needs better equipment with the right linked gems and support gems
but in noobing my way through
I am Lvl 42 now on cruel and i am grinding the ledge to over lvl. I use leap, than icenova and on bosses i use the glacial hammer.
Items i went on Schild/Armor equip.

I can say, it works ! But it depends massive on equip. I think, i will sweap the nova out and the skillpoints too, to go on all area skills only with leap and glacial vs bosses. 2 Curses (temporal chains and volnurability), for the bosses the lower ice resi curse and 3 auras.

I will main the physical dmg and the crit skills. Staffs have nice basic crit chances.

Problem is the attackspeed ! I have includet the faster attacks support gem. After i arrived all the AoE increased skills, i will go on full life / Schild skills. Than the physical dmg on full life will work fine for the first leap i think.
Also i will go on full HP regeneration. If leech doesent help, you can "lifereg/shild-kite"

I will post my progress and equip soon. (edited)

As you can see, its pure crap. If the eqip is based on the 2 skills (leap and glacial) by 2 6l items , the 3 auras + less mana and the 3 curses with increased area effectness, than, i think, the "Jumper" will own anemy faces.

I thougt, i was alone with non mainstream builds ! I love them !.

Best regards

/D\
Last edited by DF3NS on Mar 5, 2013, 7:56:39 PM
I'm running a leap slam elemental damage templar right now, currently at 38. Working well for me even without faster attack. I'm using a mace and shield combo right now, although I swap over to staffs occassionally. I'm only just now starting to think about specializing in a weapon type.

I'm chaining added fire damage and life on hit chained, and I'm resolute technique. My weapon is crap, but I don't have any issues. I through a flammability curse on a group of mobs and they die in one or two slams and I finished off with inferno strike (with a glacial back-up for bosses).

My DPS is starting to lag, but overall the build is just fun. I really need 4 slot to get faster attacks in, or mana, as I have a few mana issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info