--WHY LEGACY RULE SHOULD REMAIN--

After reading last Patch Notes i felt i needed to write his post to address this issue.

First of all, Legacy items exist not to discourage people who invested lots of time and energy in a game
from leaving it, or feeling they lost something.

Second, by not letting people have the Legacy item you are destroying the build that they worked so hard on and spend so much time to play.

Third, you discourage people from investing time into new builds and using currency because They might loose it all in the next update for some reason.

I understand the need for balance, and i appreciate all the work, but i think im not the only one who thinks that not letting Items to be legacy is just a bad idea and might loose a game a lot of good players.

so please Let the legacy rule Remain for unique items.
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2016, 12:27:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The changes to Legacy are probably to reflect the future changes they are planning to add to Permanent Leagues. When you update content it should be fair to the players rather than only a select handfull. I could be wrong, but this is the reason I believe they shied away from keeping Voltaxic & the other Uniques as Legacy.
They already explained why the nerf had to be done the way it is being done. I am not really sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Temp league exist for testing and deciding what is going to main game.
This is not question of reducing item life rool or similat this is remove all asocieted mechanics or change item. Thigh need to seet on their place before you can have cleen picture fast fixes are needed.

Legacy items should have never existed in the first place. It just makes the game harder to balance when they have to account for legacy gear...

That being said, balance is something that GGG is quite incompetent at.
Last edited by nephilim1984 on Jun 2, 2016, 12:38:28 AM
"
nephilim1984 wrote:
Legacy items should have never existed in the first place. It just makes the game harder to balance when they have to account for legacy gear...

Legacy leagues are not intended to be balanced.

The temp leagues are attempted to be balanced, and whatever happens in the legacy leagues is of no concern. Maybe things get left around, maybe they don't. Whatever was easier to code at the time.

I agree with the sentiment though -- if GGG had stayed to their "no legacies" original vision, Standard/Hardcore would be slightly less like dumpsters.
"
furyofwoodan wrote:
After reading last Patch Notes i felt i needed to write his post to address this issue.

First of all, Legacy items exist not to discourage people who invested lots of time and energy in a game

Second, by not letting people have the Legacy item you are destroying the build that they worked so hard on and spend so much time to play.

Third, you discourage people from investing time into new builds and using currency because They might loose it all in the next update for some reason.

I understand the need for balance, and i appreciate all the work, but i think im not the only one who thinks that not letting Items to be legacy is just a bad idea and might loose a game a lot of good players.

if you have applied just a bit of fair judgement you should have known that these items will get nerfed - so you knew you were playing a broken build and yet you 'invested' into it (whatever that means) and expected it to somehow pass under the radar? why? EVERYBODY knew these 'tricks'.

people that 'invested' into 10+ items counting on the nerf but expecting legacy items (so they can re-sell at crazy values) - i have no pity for them, economeh gods that cry when they do not win.

people are expected to have a fair judgement - if you see a broken build/mechanics you can a) try it for funzies expecting a nerf, b) pass it completely c) abuse it but pretend it is 'not a big deal' and expect it to NOT get a nerf and then cry everywhere counting on nobody knows what

if you select (c) then it is your own problem that pretty much noone cares about
"
furyofwoodan wrote:

So don't play the dumpster leagues then , problem solved D:
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Xtorma wrote:
They already explained why the nerf had to be done the way it is being done. I am not really sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Have they explained why Infernal Mantle 'needed' a nerf? Because I'd like to see the reasoning behind that. In its current form, IM is usable late game, but nowhere near OP.

Btw, I have nothing invested in this really, I did drop a Volt in std shortly before this whole meta took off, but I never made a Volt spark build. I actually haven't even used it yet.

"
sidtherat wrote:

people are expected to have a fair judgement - if you see a broken build/mechanics you can a) try it for funzies expecting a nerf, b) pass it completely c) abuse it but pretend it is 'not a big deal' and expect it to NOT get a nerf and then cry everywhere counting on nobody knows what

if you select (c) then it is your own problem that pretty much noone cares about

I actually agree with this. If you play a broken build, expect it to get nerfed.

I don't have much in the way of legacies anyway, a couple of Ungils and Perandus crests I'm happy to have but w/e.
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
The reason these items have been nerfed is that chaos conversion has been nerfed, and the items have been updated to show the correct values. They nerfed the mechanic, not the values on the items, and they nerfed it because holy shit.
FYI: It's not a fantasy story, it's a cosmic horror story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info