[3.3] Sherkhan's Ex On Fire [EA Elementalist | budget | HC viable | Uber I/A & Shaper viable]

"
sherkhan wrote:

This build allows you to start cheaply in a new league (or as a HC character) with extremely cheap gear that allow you to do T16 content, but has room to improve damage and HP as you gain more currency in-game. With league-start gear, you'll be flowing smoothly through all map mods (except Elemental Reflect). With expensive gear, you'll be killing T16 bosses in seconds. I've tried this in HC - it's extremely easy to level and play end-game on. With an extremely high move speed, high HP stack, overcapped resists despite only two rares, and high damage, it's a pretty close competitor to the more expensive builds out there.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB8SvQhcTU&feature=em-upload_owner

Would love to know what I was doing wrong to not kill this Boss in seconds.
My tree was the same as yours when I did this, 12 Grand Spectrums.



Even killing this Boss in a minute would be nice in all honesty, I also can't find the other ring I had instead of that Opal at the time, but it had life/res/accuracy on it. Was 87% chance to hit with the Enfeeble.
IGN shdowe
Last edited by shdowe on Oct 6, 2016, 11:06:17 PM
"
shdowe wrote:
Would love to know what I was doing wrong to not kill this Boss in seconds.


Looks like you were using Slower Projectiles instead of Faster Attacks in the setup - i.e. fewer fuses per explosion, lower ignites, overall less DPS. Compounded with the fact that Minotaur has about 2x the HP of the other T16s, and you're running Enfeeble (which means you don't have EO up 100%, and you do less base damage) is the reason it took so much time.

A guildie is running the same build, and is attempting to get a one-shot video of Minotaur. Best he's done is three-shot so far. I'll ping him for a video.
Last edited by sherkhan on Oct 7, 2016, 12:02:56 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
shdowe wrote:
Would love to know what I was doing wrong to not kill this Boss in seconds.


Looks like you were using Slower Projectiles instead of Faster Attacks in the setup - i.e. fewer fuses per explosion, lower ignites, overall less DPS. Compounded with the fact that Minotaur has about 2x the HP of the other T16s, and you're running Enfeeble (which means you don't have EO up 100%, and you do less base damage) is the reason it took so much time.

A guildie is running the same build, and is attempting to get a one-shot video of Minotaur. Best he's done is three-shot so far. I'll ping him for a video.


I originally had 3 green instead of 2 blue for Faster Attacks but was messing around with some colours. Surely there's something else I'm missing? I've tried a couple non enfeeble/monster life/fire res t16s on the other Bosses and it's just struggle street regardless of what I do, which is getting depressing given the investment so far.

t15 Bosses seem to die fairly quickly as long as they don't have inc life or fire res in solo play but t16s completely stomp me, either by taking no damage or 1 shoting me. I've had to get someone else to finish them every time.
IGN shdowe
"
sherkhan wrote:

Looks like you were using Slower Projectiles instead of Faster Attacks in the setup - i.e. fewer fuses per explosion, lower ignites, overall less DPS.

According to the EA description "Applying additional arrows to an enemy extends the duration.". So the statement above isn't true, is it? Even with slower projectiles your attack should be fast enough to send an additional arrow before explosion.
Last edited by tsyt on Oct 11, 2016, 8:53:55 AM
Are the bandits the same as in the 2.3 write up?
Hey Zerphi,

Thanks for the nice guide. Am shopping around for builds for next league. Do you have any shaper videos? I haven't played EA in a long time, but as thr clear speed is always fantastic, would love to consider which EA build would have the best movespeed and the highest potential for single target. Would you say yours has the highest single target vs other more standard EA builds? Would Zerker be higher in this case than Elementalist? I'm guessing pathfinder is going to have the highest movespeed.

Or is the single target (on shaper for example) high enough that you can consider only movespeed/utility ie Elementalist/Pathfinder? Sorry, just haven't played EA in a long time and not sure how the single target goes against something like shaper.

Any reason to not look at dual curse and the old curse on hit style EA?
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Were done the videos with those linked items of with a full 6L? Using full set of Grand Spectrums as well?

Are the full spectrums mandatory for this build and get the results on those videos?

Thanks!
Just wanted to revive the thread a little.

I'm doing this build in Legacy right now:



It's excellent. A huge amount of damage. Probably one of the highest damage non poison builds out there.

I'm 6.1k hp, and level 92. I don't see myself levelling further - unfortunately on that level, life is so far behind ES, and we don't have any defensive curses etc.

Also, just killed Shaper on first attempt. It's fairly quick, the damage on this build is very very big.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
could you add a path of building link please?
Hi, ty for this build. I want play this but,...


[EDIT]"GRAND SPECTRUM" is limited by 3 since v3.x...[/EDIT]

Last edited by Clarau on Jun 1, 2018, 10:04:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info