[3.3] Sherkhan's Ex On Fire [EA Elementalist | budget | HC viable | Uber I/A & Shaper viable]

The damage is good and the gear cost is ok, but i am a bit worried about running high tier maps.

This build works similar to a burn based detonate dead build, spreading ignite and killing bosses with it. But a detonate dead build is scaling with mobs health pools, this build isnt.

It looks like youll need more and more Grand Spectrums to make it scale and worthwhile for high end maps. The costs will be insane then.

Is it possible to run it without Grand Spectrums at all and still performing well later on?
"
Xirce wrote:
Is it possible to run it without Grand Spectrums at all and still performing well later on?

Absolutely. I was clearing T15s super fast before I added Grand Spectrums. With GS, I basically take 1-2s to kill 6p health T15 bosses. GS make a strong build absurd (as opposed to making a mediocre build somewhat decent).

DD has two major issues: (a) it requires two distinct actions, which is effectively half the clear speed; (b) since it operates on monster HP - it's pretty shitty in parties.
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Xirce wrote:

Absolutely. I was clearing T15s super fast before I added Grand Spectrums. With GS, I basically take 1-2s to kill 6p health T15 bosses. GS make a strong build absurd (as opposed to making a mediocre build somewhat decent).

Dunno what I'm doing wrong if you're able to help me out, I struggle to kill t13 Bosses solo let alone t15 party health.

Aside from the +1 arrow quiver and bow I'm pretty close in terms of setup I think.
I also have 12 Grand Spectrums.

Gear
IGN shdowe
Well, GMP on EA is terrible for bosses. Replace it with Slower Projectiles for Boss fights. That more than doubles the damage output.

I don't recommend going Grand Spectrum on Witch, you end up only more glass, not so much cannon. It works a lot better on Berserker/Champion. Witch works a lot better for a "normal" EA setup, reaching almost the same dps, with far better life and defences.

Check out my character in Essense, you'll see what I mean. 9.7k life, more regen, more AoE, more Ignite damage than this build has by a lot (with the Vaal Lightning Trap, about 60% of the damage without it).
I Cast Magic Missile! - poeurl.com/DHE
Last edited by CantripN on Sep 30, 2016, 11:18:46 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Well, GMP on EA is terrible for bosses. Replace it with Slower Projectiles for Boss fights. That more than doubles the damage output.

I don't recommend going Grand Spectrum on Witch, you end up only more glass, not so much cannon. It works a lot better on Berserker/Champion. Witch works a lot better for a "normal" EA setup, reaching almost the same dps, with far better life and defences.

Check out my character in Essense, you'll see what I mean. 9.7k life, more regen, more AoE, more Ignite damage than this build has by a lot (with the Vaal Lightning Trap, about 60% of the damage without it).

I swap out GMP for Bosses >.>

Would be nice to see a vid of the 6man party t15 carries, my damage is a joke right now.
IGN shdowe
Last edited by shdowe on Oct 1, 2016, 1:57:24 AM
"
shdowe wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

I swap out GMP for Bosses >.>

Would be nice to see a vid of the 6man party t15 carries, my damage is a joke right now.

For pack clearing you should rely on the Proliferation, so your almost total lack of AoE is what's killing it. Not talking about the gem, although that does help, talking about AoE from tree that affects the Radius for Proliferation.

As for single-target, I don't see how you'd lack for damage unless you kite too much to place 5 arrows at a time. Just add Vaal Lightning Trap for tougher bosses.

Example single target math (mine):
Spoiler
820 avg Explostion * 5 = 4100 avg Base
547% Increased
24% More (6 Frenzy)
40% More (Elemental Overload)
50% More (Shock)
88% More (Penetration + Equilibrium)
20% more (21/20 Less Duration)
30% more (21/20 Slower Proj)
60% more (21/20 Conc Effect)
---
324139 Boom!

Ignite:
80% out the Boom! over 4 seconds as "Base"
547% Increased
24% More (6 Frenzy)
40% More (Elemental Overload)
50% More (Shock)
50% More (Equilibrium)
20% more (21/20 Less Duration)
30% more (21/20 Slower Proj)
60% more (21/20 Conc Effect)
---
16356961 Ignite
I Cast Magic Missile! - poeurl.com/DHE
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 1, 2016, 3:15:40 AM
I've been sending many dozens of quillrains to their graves trying for that most coveted enchant. If anyone in this thread has a spare, please sell it to me.

Also: Been playing around T15 with this build swapping between a pair of 5L, and just dominating. Excited to move forward!
"
Boss_Crab wrote:
I've been sending many dozens of quillrains to their graves trying for that most coveted enchant. If anyone in this thread has a spare, please sell it to me.

It's strange - I've ripped 30+ Quills to vaals, but anytime a +1 comes on the market, it seems super cheap at 40-60c.

"
Also: Been playing around T15 with this build swapping between a pair of 5L, and just dominating. Excited to move forward!

Glad to hear it.

Need an advice please. Like others mentioned it seems impossible to find a +1 arrow Quil in ESC so I will have to do it myself. Is it worth trying to get some sockets/links on them before vaaling? I already cringe at the cost with my non-existant rng.
"
deimoss wrote:
Need an advice please. Like others mentioned it seems impossible to find a +1 arrow Quil in ESC so I will have to do it myself. Is it worth trying to get some sockets/links on them before vaaling? I already cringe at the cost with my non-existant rng.

A +1 Quill is a luxury item, and is not necessary for the build. A +1 quiver was enough for me to clear T16s comfortably.

If you're in a rush, keep purchasing Quills, vaaling them and listing the ripped Quill for sale (priced properly, you should only lose 1-2c per Quill. Otherwise, keep an alert out for +1 Quills on poe.trade, and pay upto 180 chaos for one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info