[3.3] Sherkhan's Ex On Fire [EA Elementalist | budget | HC viable | Uber I/A & Shaper viable]

Been playing around level 70, this build just keeps getting more insane!
So let me get one thing straight: With EE, until I reapply the debuff, my initial target is going to be taking reduced damage from burning, but his neighbors aren't? They're going to suffer their unbuffed and undebuffed burning damage from the proliferate if they were not hit with the AOE? Does this mean that if I want to take out a rare, I'm better off proliferating from someone outside the blast radius of the EA?
Last edited by lingongrova on Sep 22, 2016, 4:16:51 AM
Until I can afford Grand Spectrums, what Jewel mods would you recommend?
"
Been playing around level 70, this build just keeps getting more insane!
So let me get one thing straight: With EE, until I reapply the debuff, my initial target is going to be taking reduced damage from burning, but his neighbors aren't? They're going to suffer their unbuffed and undebuffed burning damage from the proliferate if they were not hit with the AOE? Does this mean that if I want to take out a rare, I'm better off proliferating from someone outside the blast radius of the EA?

First you need some gear which gives you extra cold or lightning damage on your attacks. It triggers EE on your initial target and the fire hit and ignite will hit harder.

The harder hitting ignite then will be spread via beacon of ruin.

Ignite is very important and shaper of desolation only buffing its chances to apply about half of the time now. I found that improving the quality of the EA gem helps alot to make sure ignite is always up and spreading.
I'm currently leveling a character to play this build but I'm unsure on which parts of the tree to focus on first. I realise a leveling progression might be too much to ask, but could someone provide which areas to focus on first maybe?

Also, I'm planning on using Spark/Firestorm until I can switch to EA. When would be a good time to switch?
"
I'm currently leveling a character to play this build but I'm unsure on which parts of the tree to focus on first. I realise a leveling progression might be too much to ask, but could someone provide which areas to focus on first maybe?

Also, I'm planning on using Spark/Firestorm until I can switch to EA. When would be a good time to switch?

EA is extremly mana hungry, so i wouldnt use it until you have blood magic. This should give you a hint where to go first on your passive tree.

With blood magic EA will use alot of life instead and therefore we have the high life regen in this build (with the nice side-effect to be tanky).

The whole Aoe comes from spreading ignite via Beacon of Ruin which needs at least 4 points in the ascendancy skill tree.

Time to switch to EA:
-Having blood magic and good life regen
-Having Beacon of Ruin
-Having a high quality EA for better chances on ignite
"
Xirce wrote:
"

EA is extremly mana hungry, so i wouldnt use it until you have blood magic. This should give you a hint where to go first on your passive tree.

With blood magic EA will use alot of life instead and therefore we have the high life regen in this build (with the nice side-effect to be tanky).

The whole Aoe comes from spreading ignite via Beacon of Ruin which needs at least 4 points in the ascendancy skill tree.

Time to switch to EA:
-Having blood magic and good life regen
-Having Beacon of Ruin
-Having a high quality EA for better chances on ignite

Thanks for that, that's real clear and helpful.

What skill did you use to level?
"

I start off with Flame Totem, add Firestorm when I get it, then switched to EA as soon as I hit BM and could afford a +1 quiver.

I'll outline basic stuff in the main post later tonight.
"
Thanks for that, that's real clear and helpful.

You're welcome!

Ive tried EA early on together with GMP (since Beacon of Ruin is missing). All the mana pot drinking wasent fun at all. Clearing was okish but elite or boss fights took like forever.

All in all its not worth it and Firestorm/Fireball (or even Spark) should be much better for lvling.

hi could you post your stats (defensive). Seems like really good dmg, i have a similar amount of dmg as a pathfinder ea, (gemswapping for bosses) but the gear cost is much higher. Seems like a really good build for new leagues/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info