[3.3] Sherkhan's Ex On Fire [EA Elementalist | budget | HC viable | Uber I/A & Shaper viable]

Babysat people through vaaled Core Malachai and every other T15.
I have been looking for an interesting non totem build to progress with into mapping. (Warchief Totems are so boring.) Any advice for a new player getting into this build. I have enough currency up to buy all the gear.

Also buying all those gems on ESC is going to be a process. 50c a pop is painful.
Last edited by TrioGG on Sep 19, 2016, 4:23:14 PM
"
TrioGG wrote:
I have been looking for an interesting non totem build to progress with into mapping. (Warchief Totems are so boring.) Any advice for a new player getting into this build. I have enough currency up to buy all the gear.

Also buying all those gems on ESC is going to be a process. 50c a pop is painful.

The gems were just the latest addition. This build has the flexibility to layer in power as you gain currency, but you can chain Uber Izaro at a very cheap cost to start.

I'll write this up on the post eventually. Here's a quick look at gear progression:

- Helm: Peregrine (1f) -> HP Rare (1c) -> Devoto's Devotion (8c) -> Devoto's with useful enchant (40c)
- Chest: HP Rare (1c) -> Kaom (80c)
- Gloves: Wyrmsign (3c) -> Wyrmsign with ele weak (40c) -> HP rare with ele weak (if/when/ever 6L +1 quill appears)
- Boots: Rare with MS (1c) -> Blood Dance (20c) -> Blood Dance with regen enchant (??) -> Seven-League (1 ex) (I like movespeed)
- Weapon: Quill (1c) -> +1 Quill (3 ex) -> +1 6L Quill (80 ex)
- Quiver: +1 shitty something (10c) -> +1 Rearguard (3 ex)
- Belt: HP rare
- Ring: HP rare res (+ Mokou when you get Eye of Innocence)
- Amulet: Karui (1f) -> Warped Timepiece (1c) -> Eye of Innocence (20c - I paid 3 ex early league to test)
- Jewels: HP+dmg blues (1c) -> Grand Spectrums (50cx10 or 50cx12)

To give you a sense of power, I was chaining map Izzo wearing the italicized set. Underlined is where I'm currently at. Newer vids are with the underlined set - older vids with the italicized.

Last edited by sherkhan on Sep 20, 2016, 11:29:49 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
The gems were just the latest addition. This build has the flexibility to layer in power as you gain currency, but you can chain Uber Izaro at a very cheap cost to start.

I'll write this up on the post eventually. Here's a quick look at gear progression:

Thanks for the quick replay. One more question would you recommend following the tree in the post or the one in your profile? Currently I am following the tree in your character profile because i plan on going all out on this with Gems and everything.
"
TrioGG wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:

Thanks for the quick replay. One more question would you recommend following the tree in the post or the one in your profile? Currently I am following the tree in your character profile because i plan on going all out on this with Gems and everything.

Good point. I need to write shit up and clarify.

The tree on the post is only good for a fresh league start, as you don't want to put money into jewels. Otherwise, it's better to do the jewel tree, and use filler jewels till you get Grands.
Using wyrmsign this way is great, I was having issues figuring out what to do about a single target set up. I was going to have 2 5 linked quill's and swap between them, but with one 5 link and a wyrmsign swapping won't be necessary. Still just leveling up till that point but I feel like having an aoe and a single target EA on the same bar is going to feel great.

Optimally, having at least a 3 link on a corrupted +1 quill with a +1 quiver would be better, but that's just too damn expensive this early on in a temp league. There isn't even a single +1 quill rain on EHC.
How is EE working in this build?

Do you need a piece of gear which gives you some extra elemental (not fire) attack damage to trigger EE first? In your case cold attack damage on ring.

I guess spreading ignite via beacon isnt considered being a hit and therefore not triggering EE, right?

is this viable in EHC?
Awesome build, but I don't understand Eye of Innocence. How are you igniting yourself to proc this? Did I miss something?
EDIT: Nevermind I see Mokou's now.
Last edited by Boss_Crab on Sep 21, 2016, 2:12:33 PM
"
Xirce wrote:
How is EE working in this build?

Do you need a piece of gear which gives you some extra elemental (not fire) attack damage to trigger EE first? In your case cold attack damage on ring.

I guess spreading ignite via beacon isnt considered being a hit and therefore not triggering EE, right?

Yes to everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info