consuming dark(poison on chaos hit) and bladefall interaction.

Lets say you bladefall for 1000 damage.
The notable skill up north gives you 5% chaos as physical.

So now you do 1000 phys 50 chaos, and therefore you poison on hit.

Will you deal 20%(+modifiers) poison worth of 1000 phys + 50 chaos(as logic would dictate)

or

20% poison worth of only the 50 chaos damage (because this game is very convoluted it's actually possible this could happen).
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 6:28:05 PM
If it specify that chaos damage poisons, then it will only consider chaos damage for the calculation of poison. The second case applies.
Haven't really tested it myself, but I saw somewhere that it's actually the opposite. If you have chaos damage on your hit, it will apply poison which will work as it usually does, counting physical too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
So having any chaos damage essentially just counts as a poison support?
Not uninteresting, I have to admit.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Adser wrote:
If it specify that chaos damage poisons, then it will only consider chaos damage for the calculation of poison. The second case applies.

Yeah, a hit that applies poison should technically apply both phys+chaos to it.

But the game is so messed up the its plausible the unique would be gimped as hell and it wouldn't surprise me if it only applied the chaos portion as poison.

extremely easy to see the difference if you had a consuming dark and the 5% chaos node up north(vs the poison support), sadly I dont have it.
I wouldn't know what's messed up about the game.
The terminology is very clear, if sometimes a bit technical.
The things we are discussing here are fringe-cases.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
raics wrote:
Haven't really tested it myself, but I saw somewhere that it's actually the opposite. If you have chaos damage on your hit, it will apply poison which will work as it usually does, counting physical too.

Whoever we got this info from, it was wrong, only chaos damage counts. Nothing like testing it yourself.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info