FIXED *** Random disconnect issue-- Fixed for now

Found some help for stuttering/ odd lag that I was having. For anyone else having some issues, I'd check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSZlvi_d4W4

Following the guidelines for choosing the network setting at login, it seems like things have smoothed out from my original problems. Oddly enough I used to get better performance (some minor lag, but a lot fewer disconnects) from choosing higher latency gateways (EU instead of US). Kept getting disconnected on US gateways, which seemed wierd.
Last edited by peachytaru on May 31, 2016, 12:43:18 PM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 9:50:25 PM
Pro tip, find out where your packet loss is originating from and get them to fix it (them being you, your ISP or GGG)

From the stickies you should be reading before you post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789

Do it while you play, have the problem up till you DC
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I'll try getting an evaluation on the loss. I just happened to try this idea first, that's all. If there's a chance of it being fixed without having to endure the slightly higher latency, I'll give it a shot. Thanks again for the suggestion.

ps- nice signature :)
Oddly enough I'm still seeing more lag on the servers for the US. I ran the program while playing for a couple hours, and I didn't get disconnected at all. However, there were many instances of lag, which seemed odd considering how well the internet was working. Going to try a european server again and see what the difference is.
WinMTR results for the several hours of gameplay still showed no packet loss.. 1% at the most.

Anyone have some thoughts? I know there's a reddit out there saying it's on GGG's end, but I want to make sure I've exhausted the possibilities. I suppose I could just give up on this and accept that there's lag, but it seems wierd that there's a bigger problem connecting to the lower latency gateways as opposed to higher latency.
Last edited by peachytaru on May 30, 2016, 5:26:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info