RGN vs real crafting

I was just curious why this game took the route of random ...truly random effects rather than having control on what mods you can do (in many situations).

Exalts can give worthless mods... that's NOT crafting.

Blasting through tons and tons of fusings isn't fun. It's quite tedious.

They came out with eternal orbs well over 2 years ago. I've found -zero-...same with mirrors on my 'luck' in finding them.

The fact that the value of 1500 fusings to make your own 6L in this game far exceeds most any item's value somewhat speaks for itself. I've played this game since it was in beta, and this league is the very first that I've found a true 6L non-tabula rasa. RGN isn't fun nor useful. It's pretty stupid in my opinion. Jeweler orbs and fusings are so random, which makes their implementation quite weak to me. It doesn't make one want to play more and more to keep hoarding up and trying again to relink or resocket, it just makes many with the 'fuck this shit' mentality.

I honestly think RGN takes away from this game. It doesn't enhance it...RGN belongs in Vaaling items, sure, but not so much socketing/socketing. I'm not complaining. I'm being honest.

How can it be said you are crafting when you are literally gambling. Las Vegas needs to call itself the home of crafting rather than gambling, akin to the effects of chaos, exalts, and the like.
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 1:48:13 PM
It is meant to be a currency sink.

You also DO NOT NEED A 6 LINK. NOBODY NEEDS A 6 LINK.

Nobody ever understands this. A 5 link is necessary for most skills for end game, some can run on 4 link. A 6 link is only necessary if you are hitting really late game t12 maps and even then you can get away with a 5.

You don't want to craft? Buy the item with the appropriate stats.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
v2.0.0
Eternal Orbs no longer drop in any league.

Probably why you haven't been finding any of them.
"

This

Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Master crafting is not random. Not much, anyway.

Gambling with your currency is gambling. Gheed style. It's not a bad mechanic, just a random one.

Trade will always trump crafting for anything you can trade for. If somehow it didn't, then sellers wouldn't sell their items, so they'd lower prices to avoid vendor. The minimum trade value of an item is vendor value, the maximum is perceived average cost to craft/gamble it. You cannot possibly change this; it's not a PoE concept so much as a general online economy concept.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 28, 2016, 1:04:55 AM
"
Nursamedicus wrote:
Jeweler orbs and fusings are so random, which makes their implementation quite weak to me. It doesn't make one want to play more and more to keep hoarding up and trying again to relink or resocket, it just makes many with the 'fuck this shit' mentality.

I honestly think RGN takes away from this game. It doesn't enhance it...RGN belongs in Vaaling items, sure, but not so much socketing/socketing. I'm not complaining. I'm being honest.

How can it be said you are crafting when you are literally gambling. Las Vegas needs to call itself the home of crafting rather than gambling, akin to the effects of chaos, exalts, and the like.

Totally agree with this quote.
RNG fucks this game. Only way to beat it is to be unemployed and no-life it to master craft.
And who benefits the most from trading? The no-life master crafters, of course.
Last edited by Culblade on May 28, 2016, 2:40:15 AM
Save up and buy the guaranteed result from Vorici. No more RNG. Problem solved.

In the case of Sockets and Links, RNG is just to try and get it cheaper.
"
"

This

But you can expect to find/make one after 4 years of play. Also it can be as tedious to make a 5L. In PSC I didn't roll a single 5L in about 450 fusing, that was all my stock.
Spoiler
Fortunately, I eventually 6L at the end of these 450 fusing

Getting your 4Ls while leveling can be *really* horrible too. 4L quest rewards help a bit now, but they're quite recent and there was a time we didn't even have them.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Crafting is pretty damn deterministic if you use level 8 masters.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Working as intended. Crafting is a currency sink so everyone is not running around with billions like back in d3 and you actually feel compelled to pick up currency. Works very well. I'm short on stuff all the time.

As far as deterministic it is at mid tier with masters. The top stuff in game should be finds though IMO. Removing eternal good idea. Now they should remove mirrors.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info