I heard you guys don't like labs, let's double it

"
There are six new Trials of Ascendancy that can be found in all maps. These trials are more complex and random than the ones in the regular game. Completing a Trial rewards you with an Offering to the Goddess item.
Once you have completed all six Trials, you are able to use your Offering to the Goddess items in a Map Device to access the Endgame Labyrinth. These items are not technically maps, so you cannot use Sacrifice Fragments or Chisels on them.

Upon completing the Endgame Labyrinth for the first time, you're rewarded with two additional Ascendancy points, raising the total available to eight.
Each time you complete the Endgame Labyrinth, you may enchant one item with a fourth-tier item enchantment. For more information about this system, please see the 2.2.0 patch notes.

Why not make players do 6 more trials (harder and more complex) randomly, in random maps 6 times to then do a randomize lab that you have to complete to have a 1 in whatever chance of getting the exact enchant that you want.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 27, 2016, 11:57:23 PM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2016, 7:55:54 AM
You not liking lab =/= nobody liking lab.

Plenty of people like the lab, and plenty of people don't care either way about it.

You're going to be mapping at high levels anyway, and you only need to do each trial once per league now, and you can just buy the item you need to enter the lab (I don't see it going for more than 1c after prices settle).

Enchants are pretty much the final stop for min/maxing your character anyway, no reason they should be easy to get.
"
Zephryl wrote:
You not liking lab =/= nobody liking lab.

Plenty of people like the lab, and plenty of people don't care either way about it.

You're going to be mapping at high levels anyway, and you only need to do each trial once per league now, and you can just buy the item you need to enter the lab (I don't see it going for more than 1c after prices settle).

Enchants are pretty much the final stop for min/maxing your character anyway, no reason they should be easy to get.

There's alot of assumptions that involves me either complaining that I don't like labs, whenever or not I map alot or the price/time investment for enchants.

If you actually read and comprehended the post it's an narrative about the complaints about the labs people currently out there has been two-fold. Since now getting to this lab is extra long with now additional layers of rng within rng. With the normal RNG of getting the enchant you want.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 28, 2016, 12:17:26 AM
The tone implied you were complaining about it *Shrugs* Either way, it makes the assumption that lab haters are a large portion of the community (Which is possible, but, I don't think proven in any way)

I don't think being "Extra long" to unlock is such a bad thing, considering it's now league wide and the first three tiers of the lab take about 5 minutes each to unlock (Assuming you don't just skip straight to Merci and unlock it all at once).

Needing an item to go inside is a bit of an iffy move, IMO. Whether or not it'll work out depends entirely on if the new tier of enchants is actually any good. Heck, maybe they'll let you trade in X of the item to pick a specific enchant, or to re-roll your enchant without going back through.
What, exactly, is being doubled?

You used to have to do 18 trials on every single character. Now you do 18 total no matter how many characters you play, 6 in maps to unlock the final lab, plus one additional trial per character beyond the first 6 you need the last two points on. Most players will only have to do 24 trials total.

You used to have to run the lab 3 times. Now you have a fourth on any character you level high enough to be able to complete the final lab. There's a big difference between merciless lab and the final lab, so many characters will still only do 3.

I'm not seeing a single thing that's doubled. One is drastically reduced and one is either the same or 33% increased.
Let's have 8 labs , 4 are not enough D:
R.I.P 4.B.
Fuck the enchants, I didn't even bother to get glove and boot enchants for my last characters.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Nice bait
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
0/10
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Your post title is blatantly misrepresenting. They actually stated that based on their research, a larger # of people like the Labs. So your putting words in their mouth that they didn't say, then using it as a basis for your argument. not a safe place to be my friend.

I certainly have my gripes about it, but I'm not going to try and make like the rest of the population supports me. It's OK. I honestly think that the bulk of the population feels it isn't bad. Some like it. Some hate it. the haters will come here and vehemently spout their vexation. just because you are loud about it doesn't mean you are numerous. your just loud.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info