Multiple Golems in 2.3

Elementalist now grants an extra Golem, so the question is:

A) Two Golems with dedicated minion gear?
B) 3 Golems through Necromancer with a dedicated Minion Ascendancy?
C) Leeroy Jenkins (4 Golems)?

I have a feeling B might offer more damage than A or C, but those will have Golems immune to Elemental Damage - might be worth considering.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 1:01:39 PM
Do the other elementalist ascendencies work with minions?

Does shaper of desolation and beacon of ruin work on kills and attacks from minions?

(Let's not take into account the last 2 points)

If the answer is yes, then elementlist will probably be pretty strong with a clayshaper + victarios charity build, 6l golems, and summon raging spirits.

If the answer is no, then you probably want to go use dual wield clayshapers on a necromancer.
Depends on what do you want to do with those golems.

Elementalist will usually try to get as many buffs out of them as possible, so he would use multiple golem types.

Necro can use them as a dps source so he would go for three Flame golems.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Immunity to elemental damage in a minion build is mostly irrelevant. Golems are super tanky once they have increased life, resists, regen, and whatever else you're giving them. If they're dying against something, you're probably already lying on the ground dead yourself.

I'd recommend going with Necromancer unless you're doing a weird self cast build. I played a variety of triple Flame Blast summoners last league, and Necromancer is just too good to pass up. Now it's even better. You just get so much more damage and survivability from that class than any other class provides.
Last edited by Jennik on May 27, 2016, 8:08:22 AM
Well, instead of a resist support/purity aura, they could get a damage support/Aura, so it's not as clear cut.
Actually, I'm wondering if with Clayshaper, an actual Stone Golem Build would be possible. Not level 12 Golems, of course. They'd benefit from the bonus physical damage, small it may be, a lot more, and could be tanks as well.
If that'd work, I wonder if 3 of those or 2 + 1 Lightning for the aura would be better.
Speaking of which, can Lightning Golems be the primary offence as well?
Or is the lack of AOE too severe?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Speaking of which, can Lightning Golems be the primary offence as well?
Or is the lack of AOE too severe?

GMP + chain should deal with the AoE issues.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I was supporting Stone golems with dps gems on some build, their slam does a ton of damage and AoE isn't bad, but they don't do it often enough to give you good clear speed, they will waste a lot of time on normal attack snd rolls and those aren't very strong.

Lightning golem is so-so, you could get decent coverage with mp + chain and their damage with the projectile isn't too bad, if they did only that it could probably work but they will also place Orbs which don't benefit from projectile supports and activate the buff which doesn't add much damage. The main selling point of Flame golem is it spams spells like there's no tomorrow and two of them are projectiles so they share supports.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
The only golem worth using is Flame Golem. You can test the rest yourself, but plenty of us already have and were very disappointed in the others. Some have bad damage, some have bad attacks, and all have bad AIs. Stone Golem has the worst AI. Feel free to give him a shot just so you can scratch your head wondering exactly what the hell GGG were smoking when they programmed that thing. It's super dumb.

Also, try to get minion resists on jewels instead of wasting an aura slot on them. The only two things you really need on a jewel are minion damage and minion resists, and you want as many minion damage jewels as you can get anyway. It's really not worth using valuable aura real estate when you can just spend some more chaos for those resists.
double golems ehh? I'll have to give this some thought.

I didnt find anyhing in the manifesto about this.

hrm. appreciate the perspective on the fire golem so far.
Yeah the better question might be how do YOU want to play around them? As an elementalist you can imagine yourself casting stormcall to help with single target, or firestorm to help with packs - whatever your minions are worse at.

As a necromancer I'd imagine you spend your time making skeletons, and using offering spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info