item riddle

how many affixes do these items have and how should a newbie find out about it when he sees them in poe.trade?

Spoiler
both have 6 affixes
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 3:22:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If ggg impemented when we push alt key when hovering over an item and it gave more info than just the itemlevel would perhaps be a nice feature . What's prefix , suffix and affixs level .
There is already script for item info. Its called PoE Item Info.
Its not updated every time something change in game, but it can be helpful. (Last time updated 20. april 2016 i think)

And there is few websites with collection of affixes and preffixes that items can roll.
With those pages you can easily determine what stats does those items have (well, not every time but for the most cases). Like those boots with 33% increased stun recovery - maximum solo suffix % increased stun recovery is 26-28 % at ilvl 79 item and combined stat % increased Armour and Energy Shield, % increased Stun Recovery is max 16-17 % increased Stun Recovery.
Based on this you can see that it must have both stats in order to have 33% increased stun recovery.

Link for mods webpage
Last edited by Quincy on May 27, 2016, 6:46:19 AM
The pure es one has definately 6 affixes, the other one could either have 5 or 6. (initial guess before seeing the spoiler).

Now the issue presented here is what matters. There are far more confusing cases to be honest, and seriously i dont know why but GGG finds it fine that way. Whats the deal and they dont share more info regarding the game in general is beyond me. Guess its more hardcore to have to spent 3 minutes while you are playing and having fun, to just see what the fuck is going on or to find some data regarding a problem/issue you have with something.

They are (un)knownigly promoting the usage of 3rd party programs, which i find it ridiculous to be honest. But on the other hand it is a way for the community to be more engaged to the game, you know by searching for stuff etc. someone feels a bit more connected to the game. Though this exact same thing can have the exact opposite effect too. Fuck im confused now.

Its a game polishing issue and GGG lacks on that particular department. I would totally find it ok if the next update after Prophecy was about just balancing/polishing/reworking stuff instead of adding new things, it would make the basic experience even more enjoyable and it would DEFINATELY make the game far more approachable.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
i think when the game started they needed some mechanics that made the game interesting so some peeps can beome experts in discovering item affixes.

second reason for hybrid affixes just added to the non-hybrid ones may have been to make it more difficult for bots to get all the stats of an item presented just by looking at it.

but now that the game goes more casual wants to apply to a broader player base this mechanics is quite in the way imho.

chris himself posted (on reddit) that a middle way of both: keeping hybrid affixes displayed on items as they are but having the item hover info (ctrl+c into clipboard) indiviual list individual affixes.

the post was just ment as a reminder that the feature is still missing ;-)
Yes, I agree that its really confusing, and im too for having feature like this implemented in game not trough external scripts.
Last edited by Quincy on May 27, 2016, 7:02:02 AM
well there IS a way in the game to check for it.

master crafting benches.

why not take this one level higher?

GGG could make it so that when you put an item into a crafting bench it shows you (maybe in a side-window?) what affixes that are on the item and the ranges of them!
"
Ruefl2x wrote:
well there IS a way in the game to check for it.

master crafting benches.

why not take this one level higher?

GGG could make it so that when you put an item into a crafting bench it shows you (maybe in a side-window?) what affixes that are on the item and the ranges of them!

how do i put the item into a bench when i see it on poe.trade?

btw: the "poe item info ahk script" v2.11 doesn't display the properties right either

Spoiler

Cataclysm Trail
Arcanist Slippers
Item Level: 76
Base Level: 61
Max Sockets: 4
--------
Affixes (5):
2 Prefixes
3 Suffixes
--------
+18 to maximum Man¦ 15-19 (1) 15-73 (81) T12 P
91% increased Ener¦ 83-100 (60) 11-132 (84) T3 CP
+21% to Cold Resis¦ 18-23 (26) 6-48 (84) T6 S
+45% to Lightning¦ 42-45 (72) 6-48 (84) T2 S
33% increased Stun¦ 31-34 * CP+S

Bramble Hoof
Legion Boots
Item Level: 74
Base Level: 58
Max Sockets: 4
--------
Affixes (5):
2 Prefixes
3 Suffixes
--------
42% increased Armor¦ 29-46 (19) 11-132 (84) T6 CP
+59 to maximum Life¦ 50-59 (30) 3-89 (54) T4 P
+26% to Cold Resist¦ 24-29 (38) 6-48 (84) T5 S
+44% to Lightning R¦ 42-45 (72) 6-48 (84) T2 S
28% increased Stun… 28-31 * CP+S

oh! you were explicitly refering to poe.trade.

well, poe.trade shows affix + tier. except for hybrid it shows "??".
so you know its a hybrid.

now i don't see your problem anymore. now that you are already in your browser it doesn't matter opening another tab with http://poeaffix.net/ for example.
and another thing: if you are searching for specific hypbrid rolls you can hardly be called newbie anymore.

or is this a try to get GGG to implement the affix/tier into their new trade system (like itemlevels)?
"
Ruefl2x wrote:

or is this a try to get GGG to implement the affix/tier into their new trade system (like itemlevels)?

yes, the full info should be sent out on the public website trading api.

in the game, full info should be given in the item hover info which can also be copied into the win clipboard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info