More Lab stuff...yaaaaay....

"
Heelon wrote:
"

Optional content in game where you are supposed to make your character stronger? It´s like saying adding skill points is optional, getting gear is optional... It makes your character twice as strong and it´s "optional" really?..

You have played the game without 8 Ascendancy points for quite a while now :-) I would say it works.

If your going to post stuff as facts learn them all please. The dev team posted they are making the game harder to compensate for the new ascendency points in the end game when you get them. It's not "the same game", unless you don't believe the developers. I do.
Ascendancy indeed started as something optional. But due to the new classes making your character very strong, GGG is naturally making the game, after a certain point, harder. These two events are conflicting each other, even more as time passes and new changes are applied. GGG will reach a point where they will have to decide to either make Lab mandatory or to free Ascendancy points no matter if you want to run Lab or not.

This is the primary reason i disliked the whole Lab concept from the start. I'm not saying that the Lab content lacks creativity or entertainment, but instead they could have tried to incorpotate the Ascendancy classes to the current content in a more symmetrical\broader manner & not a specific\restrictive manner as they did.

I can play the game without Ascendancy class no problem. I've adapted to that requirement just like i've adapted to the requirement of having to make proper gear only through poetrade and completely ignore the bad loot and expensive endgame crafting. I have to think very "casually" in order to enjoy this game. I simply don't have the time to try and enjoy the game at its fullest because it is impractical, antisocial and no fun. I wouldn't even if i had the time.

GGG unfortunately is shaping the game in such a manner that it is getting more friendly for the non-casual player. The Lab is their greatest achievement and example. I'm not criticizing the quality or the entertainment of the Ascendancy content, only its implementation to the core game.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 30, 2016, 9:39:29 AM
Actually the game used to be much harder then now. Even with the boring lab the game is much easier. Its not about power dieing a lot (which I do), is fun in the normal game. Succeeding in the lab (which I do) is less fun than dieing a lot on high maps.

I don't mind failing if I am having fun. With the Lab I am not happy alive or dead. Its just un fun for me.

Hard and challenge are good. If that is why you do not like the lab then its a different issue, though I think the lack of save points after each fight is bad design in a game designed to take 5-15 minutes normally per Map vs 15 to 60 minutes for Lab.
"
Lacceh wrote:
"
Heelon wrote:
It is optional content.

haha. that's a good one.

Amen. It ain't optional in an ARPG. It's all about min/max and loot, right? Therefore any power boost is really not optional. Anyone who says differently is delusional.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
Actually the game used to be much harder then now.Hard and challenge are good. If that is why you do not like the lab then its a different issue.

For the sake of clarity, i wasn't comparing the difficulty of the "now" with the difficulty of the "then", i was merely stating a fact, that the game after Ascendancy naturally started becoming slightly harder than what it was without Ascendancy, due to the effect of the Ascendancy classes.

And i agree with you, i'm all for Hard & Challenge, thats why i only play HC and only use Standard for "testing" new content. That being said, the reason i don't like the Lab isn't the increase in difficulty mentioned previously, but the fact that Ascendancy points are bound to the Lab content, a content that a respectable percentage of the player base doesn't like running.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on May 28, 2016, 3:48:50 AM
lol people still saying that Ascending is mandatory and trying to use that as an argument to combat their laziness.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
lol people still saying that Ascending is mandatory and trying to use that as an argument to combat their laziness.

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

lol people still ignoring facts that contradict their own statements in the exact same thread.

lol people still using lol to try to sound clever and superior.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

lol people still ignoring facts that contradict their own statements in the exact same thread.

Nah im just pointing out the facts just as i did before when someone said its mandatory to get Ascendancies even though nothing changed that would break a build that functioned perfectly fine before 2.2.

Free power ≠ Mandatory.

I can play my Chin Sol ROA character just as i did before 2.2 just fine with no Ascendancy.

Apparently i have to reiterate that, yet again.

Its hilarious how much of an inferiority complex you must have though to make the assumption that someone pointing out facts is somehow trying to act superior than you.

Edit - Also i dont think you know what contradict means and apparently i have twin posting in the same thread even though its my only comment. nice try though.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on May 28, 2016, 8:38:43 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Nah im just pointing out the facts just as i did before when someone said its mandatory to get Ascendancies even though nothing changed that would break a build that functioned perfectly fine before 2.2.

Free power ≠ Mandatory.

I can play my Chin Sol ROA character just as i did before 2.2 just fine with no Ascendancy.

Apparently i have to reiterate that, yet again.

Its hilarious how much of an inferiority complex you must have though to make the assumption that someone pointing out facts is somehow trying to act superior than you.

People typically use "lol," particularly the way you did, to make fun of others and look down upon them. You must be among those "special" indviduals who have an honorable and exceptional use of the word. I humbly apologize for having mistook your character.

That said, you honestly think the game isn't balanced around the power available to you (via points, gear, etc.) now, in the past, or in the future? If so, then I wish I lived in your world. It sounds much more interesting.

Of course, I am not making an original point. It was already made in this thread. If you are not as lazy as you accuse others of being, then you should find it easily. The thread is only two pages long, after all.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on May 28, 2016, 8:53:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info