Looking for a specific build-type

So, now that the Skill Tree has been revealed for 2.3, I'm finally able to pick what I do for Prophecy...

I am looking for a build that's good to level on a new league with, and that can migrate to a Voltaxic build (Hoping the nerf will bring prices down enough I can either get one in Prophecy, or for after the merge). I don't want to use Spark, and would prefer a bow skill. I would prefer Scion as the class, but, I'm not sure if that's a good way to go after the nerfs anymore...

Suggestions would be appreciated~ I'm trying very much to avoid just going Flame Totems.
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 10:51:53 AM
Voltaxic will still be a very expensive high tier unique bow. The chaos conversion is still strong and the rest of the stats on the bow are still 9/10. It is still a solid bow and prices wont drop much.

Bow skill with voltaxic, you are looking for a LA build. LA is by far the fastest clear speed skill with voltaxic (in my opinion anyway).

I actually tried 2 bow builds that followed the same leveling path as a voltaxic/LA because that was my plan in prophecy. It is a solid leveling setup, can use elemental damage or physical damage bows so 99% of rare bow drops are usable. Can use random rare bow drops and maintain massive clear speed up untill maps easily.

You pretty much pick up split arrow untill LA/lmp. La/lmp will carry you untill LA/Chain/GMP and your aoe damage will be insane at that point. This 3 link can carry you untill level ~60 maybe higher because of the way those support gems aoe damage interacts and multiplies with itself.

Only need a 5L for a LA build to operate at massive dps, so it is viable/cheap in that aspect. Voltaxic isnt even required, can get equal DPS bows pretty cheaply later in a league, harbinger bow with 300dps (same as voltaxic) and crit multi/chance will surpass a voltaxic dps wise. So it comes out to be a rather cheap build.

Scion is trash dont bother.
Assassin for easy 95% crit and poison gem DoT damage (requires high physical DPS).
Deadeye for +1chain (effectively is a 100% MORE damage multiplier on LA), additional proj, inc aoe (for blast rain).
Raider for speedy gotta run fast build, for when you need 100% movespeed base
Pathfinder for when you dont want to use a poison gem but want poison damage and want to spam flasks

All those ascendancy classes are strong enough to compete with eachother, just depends on personal prefence. I would go deadeye for +1chain personally.

That was my prophecy plan but I decided to go crit reave raider. The permanent phasing and 99% uptime on onslaught, it just sounds fun to me.
Well, I picked up a Voltaxic in Standard. Worst case scenario, I have a high speed clearer in Standard.

I suppose I'll have to wait until the patch notes before I pick which class to go then, I'm expecting Poison to get gutted in some way.

Sad about Scion though, she's my second favourite character but I don't have any builds using her yet.
for an ele bow build i suggest:

Storm Cloud bow (pretty cheap, be wary of the rolls tho)

Barrage + Volley Fire OR Shrapnel Shot (for leveling that built in pierce + bit of AOE is invaluable)

+usual ele setup (auras/heralds/reduced mana reserve)

the Voltaxic is nerfed but it is not enough to bring it down in price - people will recover from shock and quickly realize that these nerfs (even all of them combines) are pretty irrelevant and we will face Voltaxic meta for 3rd league in a row..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info