Bow Chaos damage prefix rolls as a one-handed

Greetings,

I was theorycrafting some builds for the upcoming Prophecy league and figured I would try a chaos damage-based bow character. I've been looking at different alternatives in term of bow damage and realised that the Malicious prefix roll on bow is :

Local Minimum Added Chaos Damage : 47 to 72
Local Maximum Added Chaos Damage : 98 to 123, which translate into a one-handed Malicious roll.

At first, I thought that only meant bows were counted as "one-handed" when rolling added damage mods, but this is not the case for lightning, cold or fire damage rolls which can all roll two-handed prefixes correctly. This made me consider the fact that there might be only 1 specific chaos damage roll for both 1h and 2h weapons. So I went ahead and looked for 2h melee weapon rolls and they all show up within the correct 2h prefix rolls :

Local Minimum Added Chaos Damage : 70 to 108
Local Maximum Added Chaos Damage : 147 to 185

My question is, is this normal ? I thought bows were considered two-handed weapons and thus, were rolling higher tier affixes. Is there a specific reason they are rolling the one-handed flat chaos damage instead of the two-handed one considering they roll two-handed versions for lightning, cold and fire damage?

Thank you!

You guys rock! Can't wait to try my build in Prophecy :D
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 12:24:42 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:50:32 PM
"Real" 2H weapons take both hand slots. Bows don't, as you can still equip quiver to improve your weapon damage. So i guess that's the reason.
all the elemental affixes, as well as the chaos affix, roll the same for bows as they do for 1handers. Only 2h melee weapons get the higher rolls.

However, for some completely and utterly boneheaded reason (i.e. GGG's range bias) bows actually are allowed to roll the same flat physical rolls as 2h melees. Which is, of course, bullshit, for... well, lots of reasons.
Last edited by Shppy on May 27, 2016, 1:12:40 AM
"
Shppy wrote:
all the elemental affixes, as well as the chaos affix, roll the same for bows as they do for 1handers. Only 2h melee weapons get the higher rolls.

However, for some completely and utterly boneheaded reason (i.e. GGG's range bias) bows actually are allowed to roll the same flat physical rolls as 2h melees. Which is, of course, bullshit, for... well, lots of reasons.

So you're saying bows are considered 2 handed... only for physical damage ? that sounds pretty dumb...
"
nedflander wrote:
So you're saying bows are considered 2 handed... only for physical damage ? that sounds pretty dumb...

Yeah, it is pretty dumb, they shouldn't be treated as 2h for physical either, they get better returns out of flat phys rolls than 2h melees, which is just horrible balancing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info