The new Powerful Precision (Ranger Ascendancy) mechanics

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Thanks for posting the video!

It seems like it is mostly useful for killing enemies behind you and infront of you at the same time.

i guess so, since if it can't damage the same mobs twice....

well honestly this mod seems very much not worth the time or investment.......like....at all. you can't have full pierce, and you can't have chain or fork at all. this way it will return to you, but it can't damage the same mobs twice.

so...what the f.
100% of the time you'd be better off with either chain or full pierce. everybody knows fork is garbage anyway.
does it even proc the spells again on coc builds? if it does no damage how can it roll crits to even proc on-hit effects? seems absolutely useless......unless again its only to also hit things behind you, which is basically never going to happen since you clear maps linearly and anything behind you is already dead.

wtf?
"
xMustard wrote:
well honestly this mod seems very much not worth the time or investment.......like....at all.

On a weapon, sure.

On the new deadeye node, it's 0 investment if you wanted to get that node anyway for the pierce and crit chance.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Well thanks a bunch for posting that, it's certainly better than blind speculation. I agree with those saying it will be bad, but I think it might be better with split arrow or something that covers more of an arc than barrage. If you could go close to 180 degrees of coverage (maybe with the new Fated Death's Harp?) you might be in business.

There's still the awkward part about trying to make the whole 'pierce chance in melee range' thing work, so maybe the answer is a very tanky, life leeching ranger that treks toward marauder in the tree.
"
raics wrote:

Frost wall might be an abusable case again.

Again? When did it stop being abusable?
"
xMustard wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Thanks for posting the video!

It seems like it is mostly useful for killing enemies behind you and infront of you at the same time.

well honestly this mod seems very much not worth the time or investment.......like....at all. you can't have full pierce, and you can't have chain or fork at all. this way it will return to you, but it can't damage the same mobs twice.

so...what the f.
100% of the time you'd be better off with either chain or full pierce. everybody knows fork is garbage anyway.
does it even proc the spells again on coc builds? if it does no damage how can it roll crits to even proc on-hit effects? seems absolutely useless......unless again its only to also hit things behind you, which is basically never going to happen since you clear maps linearly and anything behind you is already dead.

wtf?

with bows it gets a little stranger, stuff like tornado. If you think how scattered the projectiles from tornado shot are, theyre coming back to you from the sides, the front, going all over the place. Its a chaotic mod and not at all a focused op thing. I tried it a little after that video with the chain node back in, its still returning them but the chain will take priority for sure.

I dont think its supposed to be better than chain or pierce etc, its there to be something on top, just an extra bit of madness and random damage. Im really happy to see it on the node for my coc character because its just extra procs, basically. Doesnt matter if Im also chaining and piercing, its not doing any harm and sometimes its doing a lot of good. It will proc as it comes back through packs, some will evade ur shots, it wont always come back through the same mobs etc, so it does proc more spells.

the fact they put it on a pierce node says they dont see it as an alternative.

Id put it on a phys bow instead of bench wed personally, presuming u have the 2 main phys.
"
xMustard wrote:

Maybe the mechanic works the same as with chain. You also can't hit a target twice with chain BUT if the chained projectile hits a second target and chains back to the first, it will hit and damage that again too.
I guess a returning arrow works the same if it pierces taget 1 and then lands a non piercing hit on target 2 it can hit and damage target 1 again on its way back.
"
"
raics wrote:

Frost wall might be an abusable case again.

Again? When did it stop being abusable?

Never, meant that it gets one more notch on the handle.

Maybe this skill might be good if we ever get an attack that behaves like Spark and resets the state after bouncing, then it could hit the same target again.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I'm wondering about frozen pulse... its a projectile that cant
pierce (it 100% pierces default. it wont return will it?
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
I'm wondering about frozen pulse... its a projectile that cant
pierce (it 100% pierces default. it wont return will it?

Yeah, won't work for two good reasons, you said it yourself that it has 100% pierce and it's also a spell, the passive works only on attack projectiles.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
innervation wrote:
Would like to know more about how this will work with various projectile attacks. The wording is:

"Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets."

Frost Blades seems like if you're just hitting a single target out in the open, nothing will come back because the initial hit isn't a projectile. But what about walls and other terrain? Do walls count as targets for Frost Blades?

How about Molten Strike? The secondary part of the attack is 'attack' 'projectile'. Since they do their damage upon hitting the ground, would those return to you? And even if they did, would they do any damage on the way back? Because the player character isn't a target (I think), and the projectiles don't do anything on the way out while they're in the air.

Another question: how will PP work with pierce? Do your projectiles still go their full distance, then return? Or do you effectively lose your pierce effect the second you hit a target because your arrows are returning?

Hope GGG can clarify because I loved that bow in the descent races that let your projectiles return, and would build around Powerful Precision in a heartbeat if I had more info on how the mechanics work. If not I suppose I can roll something else to start Prophecy and wait for someone to make a youtube vid about it.

"Attack Projectiles Return to You after hitting targets." exists in the game for a very long time - Tora actually can put this mod on ranged weapons as prefix.
I used it for my physical TS archer, and while it's nice, it's actually nothing spectacular.
Also, do note - projectile pierce overrides projectile return. And with new pierce gem, you better just stack 100% pierce and dont bother!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on May 28, 2016, 8:32:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info