Low fps..

Hi,
i`m an diablo 1-2 not 3 fan.
When i found path of exile and started to play it i discovered that when i play poe its like i play d2.
I was amazed rly rly amazed, but firstly i was playing at stable 30-40 fps ( for my potato its rly rly good ). But when i go through the cruel and merciless i got fps spikes and drops so it become unplayable!

I know what my pc can and can`t run and i`m pretty sure game older than diablo 3 SHOULD run good on my pc. Diablo 3 is running at stable 30 fps which is pretty enough for me!

So please its a shame.. 6 + years old game and it isn`t optimized we must play with shitty graphics like we are playing runescape..

So thank you about the AWESOME game Blizzard North!

But please for ONCE answer to just 1 thread at this forum about the low fps and try to help to your fans we don`t need to pressure u we just want to play!

Last bumped on May 30, 2016, 5:50:47 PM
Can you go back with your Cruel/Merc level character and still have smooth graphics in Normal? If you're still getting decent performance in Normal, but not in Cruel+, why is that? Maybe there are more rare monster packs with their shader effects?

In this forum we like to help people who are having problems by giving them tests to run, and then we all try to analyze the results.

Do you run in Predictive netowrking mode, or Deterministic Lockstep mode? If it's set to auto, please set it to Lockstep while testing (this can only be changed from the login options).

Press F1 while in the game, and tell us details about what is happening in the game when you have low FPS, what the graphs say, and anything the computer does that stands out as different than normal (fans powering up to full speed, or the mouse cursor stuttering, etc.). What's your average latency and FPS on the in-game graph?

Please run dxdiag and post the Save all information report on http://pastebin.com/, removing your name if that user name is personal information. GGG doesn't support potatoes, but sometimes the Technical Support forum can give you a good idea what to do to increase performance. Have you already modified your ini to run in runescape mode? It sounds like you've messed with your game graphics settings, what have you done in your video driver settings?
Last edited by ionface on May 26, 2016, 8:48:26 AM
Hi,
thank you for the reply!

I did exactly what you told me to do.

I changed the network mode to lockstep and tried my fps at merciless/crossroads for a couple minutes.

So i saw that my fps is starting at 200-125 and then it drops to 30-10-1 randomly..

I tried rly alot of things before posting a thread here.

My texture_quality is at 3 and my texture_filtering at 10. I also use my flash drive as ready boost and i have an cooler master cooling pad.

I must say that i had problem with diablo 3 too but not that unplayable and i fixed it with Radeon PRO with dinamic vsinc i tried it there too but it seems not to work.

I also updated my VGA drivers. I saw on network that most of ppls which are complaining about low fps are using amd video cards so is this the case here too ? The problem at Diablo 3 was exactly the same and again with AMD.

Ugh i forget to say that my mouse isnt lagging while i`m at low fps.

I know my pc is shitty but i want just 30 stable fps not more.

So please help me ill give all the wanted information !

Dxdiag:
http://pastebin.com/gC8z3U3B

P.S. My graphics card settings are at their default values i didn`t change anything there cause i installed the catalyst and the driver yesterday.
Last edited by MythusBG on May 26, 2016, 10:05:13 AM
Does it run better on the small screen while the external monitor is off? Unfortunately there isn't much we can do, your hardware is much worse than I thought it would be. I'm actually impressed you still get smooth gameplay in Normal. Can you play with a high-level character now in Normal to test that? Does it pause or stutter when you are around certain enemies (with shader graphic effects) or scenery?
I fixed it by my self.
Now i play at stable 30 fps in some areas it drops a bit but rly rarely.
Tonight ill make an tutorial how others with low end pc`s can play smoothly this game rly rly smooth!

So its not about the gaming rig its about the tweaks, with my pc i played almost everything only cause i`m trying and i`m fixing my issues since all of the developers gamers refuse to help me cause i have shitty pc.
where is the tutorial?
There`s the tutorial:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666608

Hope it will help for you too guys!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info