Map boss balance wtf?

Eh just never kill burning man last in excavation and you'll be fine lol.

Jungle valley is ok :/ just need 0+ chaos res and it becomes a joke, same for museum armour+chaos res and they become cute.

Village ruin is one of the few maps with bosses that employ some meaningful tactics. I mean the bird tries to vaal RoA you so his Doggy bro can charge you. If you have offscreen dps or blade vortex or something silly the fight becomes as easy as a T1 map though. However for average and mid dps builds this fight is pretty cool.

I like Orchard lol. Will I lose 10%ep/my character today or triumph.

But yea.. phantasmagoria map and boss are stupid. Also Graveyard merveil was more dangerous than necro first form.
"
kamil1210 wrote:

3. tunel trap is ok for 75 maps

Compared to other lvl 75 map bosses? On the other side of the spectrum you have maps like Shipyard that have a lvl 62 boss in a level 79 map.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 26, 2016, 10:34:44 PM
trio does chaos dmg, gear for it and use a granite and enfeeble, suddenly u can facetank.
For me it makes sense that Merveil gets nerfed in Graveyard as the Necropolis one was way easier.

That does not mean some other bosses don't need some work, Crematorium boss is also quite dangerous in front of the Shipyard one which is 1 tier higher.

Anyway this is a step in the right direction for me, I just hope more maps and more bosses are in the work as running the same maps over and over is the most tedious thing in POE IMHO.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Graveyard Merveil was hard?

I don't know if she was any harder during Perandus or not. What I do know is that every time I stepped in her room this league, my FPS flat lined and my character was dead before I could do anything. Hadn't had that problem with her before this league. After a couple of those FPS flatline deaths, I vendored up the remaining Graveyards. It was annoying because she is usually a good check on whether I have built my character defenses well, or just made a glass cannon.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

3. tunel trap is ok for 75 maps

Compared to other lvl 75 map bosses? On the other side of the spectrum you have maps like Shipyard that have a lvl 62 boss in a level 79 map.

many other bosses are just crap, GGG should make them stronger not making tunneltrap easier
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 27, 2016, 3:38:34 AM
I love how people don't realize that every build cannot approach each boss the same way ... Pop a granite and you can facetank ORLY ?
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Last edited by Jayserix on May 27, 2016, 4:44:11 AM
I'm all for making some bosses harder, but when there's the Spider from Phantasmagoria doing ranged damage that has potential to 2-3 shot characters in a Tier 4 map, I draw the line there.

There's no logical reason to make that boss so ridiculous.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Necropolis one needed a buff, so that's cool. Hopefully it'll be more challenging now.

But Phantasmagoria is ridiculous... First time I tried that Map, I got oneshot off screen by the boss. -.-

Yeah, Graveyard's Merveil is a lot stronger than the Necropolis. This is because in Graveyard there is only the first form, which is the strongest one. Necro have been easy because of the two forms of Merveil, both with low life for balance question i suppose (and, the second form, is fucking easy).

Honestly I've never had any problems with the Phantasmagoria boss map. But I wont deny it is 10x more difficult than the other t4-7 bosses.

Jungle Valley's boss is very easy now. I dont think anyone here can remember how it was 4 years ago lol.
Last edited by Serge91 on May 27, 2016, 8:43:13 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Necropolis one needed a buff, so that's cool. Hopefully it'll be more challenging now.

But Phantasmagoria is ridiculous... First time I tried that Map, I got oneshot off screen by the boss. -.-

Yeah, Graveyard's Merveil is a lot stronger than the Necropolis. This is because in Graveyard there is only the first form, which is the strongest one. Necro have been easy because of the two forms of Merveil, both with low life for balance question i suppose (and, the second form, is fucking easy).

Honestly I've never had any problems with the Phantasmagoria boss map. But I wont deny it is 10x more difficult than the other t4-7 bosses.

Jungle Valley's boss is very easy now. I dont think anyone here can remember how it was 4 years ago lol.

I'm interested to hear what builds you played last league such that Phanta wasn't a problem. FYI I pretty much always go Life + Armour so that might bias my opinion a bit.

Jungle Valley is easy in the sense that the brute force counter is AoE damage, and EVERYONE is playing AoE damage builds. Hence why I ranked it very low.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 27, 2016, 9:29:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info