Map boss balance wtf?

"
Qarl wrote:
Rebalanced the Graveyard Map Boss (Merveil, the Reflection, who is only present in her first form) to be easier.

I don't understand why this boss was singled out when we have MUCH more problematic ones in the mapping pool, most of which players avoid completely while comfortably soloing Graveyard Merveil.

1. Phantasmagoria (Tier 4 map boss outdamages bosses 6 tiers above)
2. Museum (You're not going to the boss room when building your map pool, unless your area damage is skyhigh and you can tank the trios' crits)

3. Orchard
4. Village Ruin
5. Excavation
6. Jungle Valley

As we go up the map tiers the average boss gets significantly more broken and one-shotty, but apparently it's GGG's design philosophy, so that's a separate discussion.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 25, 2016, 10:30:37 PM
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2016, 3:29:56 PM
Excavation has been pretty easy for about every single build I have ever played. Its a circle room, and u can run around circle forever. And get flask chages from the adds which makes it evn easier. Map mods can make it a little rougher I guess.

Jungle valley is super easy on armor classes. Evasion pretty much blows.

I find crem boss to hit the hardest if u ever get hit or stunned in the fire.

Village ruin, yeah can suck if the pebble on the ground interrupts u :(

Shipyard and Arsenal still run any mod. Fire don't hurt u ever.
"
cavespro wrote:
Excavation has been pretty easy for about every single build I have ever played. Its a circle room, and u can run around circle forever. And get flask chages from the adds which makes it evn easier. Map mods can make it a little rougher I guess.

Jungle valley is super easy on armor classes. Evasion pretty much blows.

I find crem boss to hit the hardest if u ever get hit or stunned in the fire.

Village ruin, yeah can suck if the pebble on the ground interrupts u :(

Shipyard and Arsenal still run any mod. Fire don't hurt u ever.

Fine, agreed on most points, and I know very clearly that some builds handle these listed bosses much easier than others.

But nerfing Merveil while leaving the Museum and Phantasmagoria bosses alone makes zero sense.
It does make sense. It is the same boss and somehow the lower tier one dealt more damage than the higher tier one. It was broken and now it's fixed
Phantasmagoria is the only boss falling out of order as it does not have it's own boss room. Every other difficult boss needs a obvious and intentional action to engage.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Problem with thos bosses come from bad skill and bad builds.
If you even remotly understand defences and build you play most of thos fights wont last longer then 4. sec.
I wont argue abouth balance but i sure will say players are mach stronger then ever.

I got many time destroyed on thos bosses but i learn what sort of defence i need for skills and tactic i use and it make huge difrence in realistic DPS and how long fights last so risk become way smaler.
How will you ever feel strong if you never get chalanged, progresion will have no mining if you got all in frst go.
Defenses against DD !
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Graveyard Merveil was hard?

Necropolis one needed a buff, so that's cool. Hopefully it'll be more challenging now.

But Phantasmagoria is ridiculous... First time I tried that Map, I got oneshot off screen by the boss. -.-
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Graveyard Merveil is one of the bosses I haven't been able to beat. The Museum trio and Jungle Valley spider horde are also on my list to avoid. All of them place severe restrictions on movement which my build is not equipped to handle. I suppose she may be easier for other builds.
"
"
Qarl wrote:
Rebalanced the Graveyard Map Boss (Merveil, the Reflection, who is only present in her first form) to be easier.

I don't understand why this boss was singled out when we have MUCH more problematic ones in the mapping pool, most of which players avoid completely while comfortably soloing Graveyard Merveil.

1. Phantasmagoria (Tier 4 map boss outdamages bosses 6 tiers above)
2. Museum (You're not going to the boss room when building your map pool, unless your area damage is skyhigh and you can tank the trios' crits)

3. Orchard
4. Village Ruin
5. Excavation
6. Jungle Valley

As we go up the map tiers the average boss gets significantly more broken and one-shotty, but apparently it's GGG's design philosophy, so that's a separate discussion.

mr vil in low lvl map coudl be harder than necro mr evil, this change is good

1. entire phant map is shit
2. trio is too hard for low level
3. tunel trap is ok for 75 maps
4. vilage ruing is cool boss fight,
6. is good, you jsut need chaos res
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 26, 2016, 5:22:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info