Windows 10 delenda est.

Thanks for this thread.

I abhor Win 10. It's on my laptop and I do not want it on my gaming desktop. Win 7 for me until the bitter end.

Here is a great article on how to stop the 'up'grade to Win10 from happening. http://www.howtogeek.com/218856/how-do-you-disable-the-get-windows-10-icon-shown-in-the-notification-tray/

It leads to a tiny program from a guy who has other great utilities as well> https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

I installed windows 10 after a fresh install of windows 7.
I had to because of a crash after using Norton Utilities. Big mistake I guess.

Since then not one hiccup. I also don't update video drivers unless I experience problems.
I'm about eight Nvidia updates behind but I'm staying pat.

I think installing W10 on top of an OS that has been running a long time with all it's crap may be a mistake.

Cheers
I have updated three computers in my house (wife/kids)and, so far, everything is running smoothly.
Only PC I haven't done yet is my own ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Honestly, if I have not upgraded to W10 yet is mostly because it doesn't offers me anything I don't have with my 8.1; I mean, it's ugly, but it has grown into me, and I use this PC just for playing, so I don't need anything from W10. Cortana feels like a cool IA guy? Guess what? I'd rather go grab some beers with my friends. You can now use the Linux Bash Shell? So what? I have my Debian VM for coding, so unless the next big move is to include native virtualization, I think I will still pass. In fact, I think I'd rather switch to Ubuntu, If at least companies made more ports for Unix...

ALL THIS SAID, I also work with W10 and it isn't that bad. Sorry for captain-obvious'ng this, but sounds like OP messed up some settings.
win10 becomes usable up from the professional version upwards where you can disable the telemetry service which reports all your work and personal data to microsoft.

things which come for free aren't really free, if you don't have to / can pay for a service or software from a company, you're the product.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
win10 becomes usable up from the professional version upwards where you can disable the telemetry service which reports all your work and personal data to microsoft.

things which come for free aren't really free, if you don't have to / can pay for a service or software from a company, you're the product.

Precisely. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info