Oldy but a goodie

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
With Voidheart in your setup, that means you can use a 870pdps 2h axe (around 22% more tooltip damage upgrade) also you can take off poison gem in your 6L (should be even more valuable). Wat ur loss is 49life (voidheart has 30life) and around 120~140% res on a rare ring, 49life is like 5%~6% increase max life on a prefix of jewel, 120~140% res equals to 4~5 suffixes of jewel.

So literally, you'r trading off 22% more tooltip dmg + a gem socket in your 6L for 1 prefix and 4~5 suffixes of jewel. (TBH, with ur own setup, I'm not even sure if you can make back 22% more tooltip damage with merely these number of affixes of jewel, not to mention there's still a benefit of a free gem socket that you cant take.)

In my personal opinion, this ring is not only an endgame unique, but also a top tier unique.

The only thing I agree in ur comment is that you cant use non-melee skill to bleed with voidheart, but I'm afraid there's not many players wanting to use bleeding mechanism with a 2H axe non-melee skill.

I just want to discuss about ur comment of voidheart. No offense and free bump.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Last edited by aphrodite_1289 on Jun 23, 2016, 2:55:47 PM
No offense taken! Just making convo.

I have voidheart and your cousin Jin's pain sunder axe as well I'll be doing extensive testing with them.

On my phone atm so I'll reply with more when I get to a pc
"
With Voidheart in your setup, that means you can use a 870pdps 2h axe (around 22% more tooltip damage upgrade)

also you can take off poison gem in your 6L (should be even more valuable). Wat ur loss is 49life (voidheart has 30life) and around 120~140% res on a rare ring, 49life is like 5%~6% increase max life on a prefix of jewel, 120~140% res equals to 4~5 suffixes of jewel.

So literally, you'r trading off 22% more tooltip dmg + a gem socket in your 6L for 1 prefix and 4~5 suffixes of jewel. (TBH, with ur own setup, I'm not even sure if you can make back 22% more tooltip damage with merely these number of affixes of jewel, not to mention there's still a benefit of a free gem socket that you cant take.)

In my personal opinion, this ring is not only an endgame unique, but also a top tier unique.

The only thing I agree in ur comment is that you cant use non-melee skill to bleed with voidheart, but I'm afraid there's not many players wanting to use bleeding mechanism with a 2H axe non-melee skill.

I just want to discuss about ur comment of voidheart. No offense and free bump.

Voidheart:

I think the ring is amazing for dual wielders so you don't have to add bleed to two weapons. But let's face it, as a 2H if you are wearing this to get bleed/poison, it means you are trying to gain something you do not have, that you should already have either from your tree or weapon. If someone does not understand this statement, that means they haven't played 2H enough. Time will tell! ;)

Tanky GG rings:

My ring isn't even all new t1's it's technically got some t3 on it and its 140%res. It's possible now to get 170%res on a ring which is irreplaceable for RT builds who want to be tanky, overcap, and not die on the road to 100 or in PVP. Res on jewels will only get you so far, and as a 2H melee even at level 100, you're only going to get 6-7 jewels, and they should all focus on synergy IAS/DMG/DOT/Life stats, that's not even up for debate.

Tooltip:

I've been actively playing melee in this game for 3.5yr now, and I can tell you that, now more than ever, tooltip doesn't mean a damn thing in this game. Getting a high tooltip doesn't guarantee you a win against everyone or everything, all it guarantees is you'll 1-shot yourself to a reflect mob. As someone that hit 100 with a melee character pre-2.0, I can tell you that will happen if you obsessively chase tooltip.

How about a non-melee non-dot example of tooltip being meaningless? Here's a video of me 1shotting a guy with almost 9k life, fortify, and overcapped res with just a 17.5k tooltip lightning arrow and ZERO crit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp88ZbkJHmA

In order to be OP in this game now, it isn't just a pissing contest with Tooltip numbers like it was back in beta. It's about using (or in some cases like with LA, abusing) game mechanics to get the best result, plain and simple.

When Axn was still around, he made 2 Gale Bane's for me, and I wound up pretty happy with dual wield Cleave back when Cleave was actually good with dual wield block. I was over 215k tooltip 75block/65spell block with no shield:

My tooltip on my DOT EQ is 46k which is laughable. I clear maps at an insane rate with 46k tooltip compared to what I did with 215k and two perfect mirrored weapons. A great deal of my damage is done beyond the tooltip, which the game does not calculate.

Poison Gem:

My two green sockets are Poison/Rapid Decay. Rapid Decay is insane for DOT EQ. Why? Rapid Decay's "39% More Damage Over Time" only boosts other gems that do DOT, thus only boosting the Poison gem. Rapid Decay's "15% Reduced Skill Duration" reduces EQ's skill duration which is also one of the best things for this skill. Obviously the voidheart will not get in on this.

45% Reduced EQ Duration? Yes please!

Combine all of those things with unreflectable STACKS of increasingly MORE powerful chaos damage, and you have a synergy masterpiece. This is also not shown anywhere in the tooltip. Just yet another example of why tooltip is irrelevant, now more than ever.

870pdps weapons

I also own a:

Using the links shown above, I use this solely as a 100% elemental damage swapout for people that cheese cwdt-bramble-ag's in pvp (I don't expect you to know what that is). Basically I use this for all ele damage when I need it. I will test this axe with a Voidheart when I acquire one for not an insane price or when mine rolls over from PSC, but I already expect to know what the results will be.

Pain sunder is awesome, don't get it twisted. 879pdps is the highest pdps in the game for any weapon. If you want to revel in the numbers on your tooltip, this is the weapon to get. But as an RT build, those two crit mods are completely wasted, and for a mirrored weapon wasting any mods is silly.

+2 range for cyclone is one of the best things you can have, and there is no other mirror weapon that exists that can use both EQ and Cyclone that has +2 range on it. This might seem trivial to the rich, but for a normal player getting a mirrored weapon, versatility is one of the most valuable things.

Other skills besides Earthquake

The next best PVE melee skill would be Cyclone. I played cyclone for a good amount of time, and I used both the Pain Sunder and Atziri Disfavour. I wound up taking a 279pdps hit on my weapon to go back to Disfavour from the Pain Sunder because it was the best weapon for cyclone, (of course until the Hate Splitter existed). Why have 279pdps more damage if you're not even hitting your enemy? +2 range and bleed absolutely slayed 279pdps more damage of the Pain Sunder for Cyclone.

Screenshot of me as No1 on US PVP ladder after switching back to a Disfavour from the Pain Sunder:
Spoiler

So in short, the Hate Splitter is a godly Atziri Disfavour and arguably one of the most versatile mirrored weapons that exists. BiS for both EQ and Cyclone, and you can use EQ/Cyclone/Flicker and otehr skills with this axe all with the same colouring of RRRGGB
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 22, 2016, 11:48:04 PM
Bump!
"
Voidheart:

I think the ring is amazing for dual wielders so you don't have to add bleed to two weapons. But let's face it, as a 2H if you are wearing this to get bleed/poison, it means you are trying to gain something you do not have, that you should already have either from your tree or weapon. If someone does not understand this statement, that means they haven't played 2H enough. Time will tell! ;)

Tanky GG rings:

My ring isn't even all new t1's it's technically got some t3 on it and its 140%res. It's possible now to get 170%res on a ring which is irreplaceable for RT builds who want to be tanky, overcap, and not die on the road to 100 or in PVP. Res on jewels will only get you so far, and as a 2H melee even at level 100, you're only going to get 6-7 jewels, and they should all focus on synergy IAS/DMG/DOT/Life stats, that's not even up for debate.

Totally disapprove,

Today we're comparing 710pdps bleeding axe +rare ring vs 870pdps 2h axe +voidheart. So voidheart gives u useful bleeding/poison mechanism which isnt on ur weapon/tree. I think you're the one who doesnt understand here. Its simply just like trading off 1prefix, 4~5suffixes of jewel for 22% more tooltip dmg and a free socket in ur 6L (you dont need poison gem) like I said in my first comment. Do you accept?

Then you said "focus on synergy IAS/DMG/DOT/Life stats, that's not even up for debate".
Why? I mean why would you choose such lower dps boost way but not just use my setup to gain even higher dps boost? PLease explain.
"

Tooltip:

I've been actively playing melee in this game for 3.5yr now, and I can tell you that, now more than ever, tooltip doesn't mean a damn thing in this game. Getting a high tooltip doesn't guarantee you a win against everyone or everything, all it guarantees is you'll 1-shot yourself to a reflect mob. As someone that hit 100 with a melee character pre-2.0, I can tell you that will happen if you obsessively chase tooltip.

How about a non-melee non-dot example of tooltip being meaningless? Here's a video of me 1shotting a guy with almost 9k life, fortify, and overcapped res with just a 17.5k tooltip lightning arrow and ZERO crit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp88ZbkJHmA

In order to be OP in this game now, it isn't just a pissing contest with Tooltip numbers like it was back in beta. It's about using (or in some cases like with LA, abusing) game mechanics to get the best result, plain and simple.

When Axn was still around, he made 2 Gale Bane's for me, and I wound up pretty happy with dual wield Cleave back when Cleave was actually good with dual wield block. I was over 215k tooltip 75block/65spell block with no shield:

My tooltip on my DOT EQ is 46k which is laughable. I clear maps at an insane rate with 46k tooltip compared to what I did with 215k and two perfect mirrored weapons. A great deal of my damage is done beyond the tooltip, which the game does not calculate.

Disagree again.

First, It's not like you play more to know better about this game. Otherwise, Trump would'v alrdy been President before Obama, Cause he lives longer, according to your logic :P (Jk sorry, lets get back).

Assuming u'r right that Tooltip dps isnt important, I still dont see any reason that your setup (710pdps bleeding axe +rare ring) is better than mine. Casue with my setup, you're supposed to have too much tooltip dps alrdy which is useless (like you said.). That means with my setup, you can save many dps nodes/mods on tree/jewel. Do you accept?

Lets say we can save 10 dps nodes today cause we have too much dps with my setup, then we can spend 6 nodes for another 2 jewels, the rest 4 nodes for % max life (TBH, i think you might be able to save even more nodes, bcz u gain too much with my setup.)
"

Poison Gem:

My two green sockets are Poison/Rapid Decay. Rapid Decay is insane for DOT EQ. Why? Rapid Decay's "39% More Damage Over Time" only boosts other gems that do DOT, thus only boosting the Poison gem. Rapid Decay's "15% Reduced Skill Duration" reduces EQ's skill duration which is also one of the best things for this skill. Obviously the voidheart will not get in on this.

45% Reduced EQ Duration? Yes please!

Combine all of those things with unreflectable STACKS of increasingly MORE powerful chaos damage, and you have a synergy masterpiece. This is also not shown anywhere in the tooltip. Just yet another example of why tooltip is irrelevant, now more than ever.

Hmm.. I dont quite understand here.
With my setup, I will just take off poison gem in 6Link and use another one, so it will be all same 6L gem setup except poison gem (I will still use rapid decay).

So, rapid decay still works well with voidheart's poison. why "Obviously the voidheart will not get in on this"? please explain.
"

870pdps weapons

I also own a:

Using the links shown above, I use this solely as a 100% elemental damage swapout for people that cheese cwdt-bramble-ag's in pvp (I don't expect you to know what that is). Basically I use this for all ele damage when I need it. I will test this axe with a Voidheart when I acquire one for not an insane price or when mine rolls over from PSC, but I already expect to know what the results will be.

Pain sunder is awesome, don't get it twisted. 879pdps is the highest pdps in the game for any weapon. If you want to revel in the numbers on your tooltip, this is the weapon to get. But as an RT build, those two crit mods are completely wasted, and for a mirrored weapon wasting any mods is silly.

+2 range for cyclone is one of the best things you can have, and there is no other mirror weapon that exists that can use both EQ and Cyclone that has +2 range on it. This might seem trivial to the rich, but for a normal player getting a mirrored weapon, versatility is one of the most valuable things.

I do agree +2 range is best for cyclone build, but we're talking about the current tier1 melee skill earthquake here. so ya.. its kinda pointles to talk about this.
"

Other skills besides Earthquake

The next best PVE melee skill would be Cyclone. I played cyclone for a good amount of time, and I used both the Pain Sunder and Atziri Disfavour. I wound up taking a 279pdps hit on my weapon to go back to Disfavour from the Pain Sunder because it was the best weapon for cyclone, (of course until the Hate Splitter existed). Why have 279pdps more damage if you're not even hitting your enemy? +2 range and bleed absolutely slayed 279pdps more damage of the Pain Sunder for Cyclone.

Screenshot of me as No1 on US PVP ladder after switching back to a Disfavour from the Pain Sunder:
Spoiler

So in short, the Hate Splitter is a godly Atziri Disfavour and arguably one of the most versatile mirrored weapons that exists. BiS for both EQ and Cyclone, and you can use EQ/Cyclone/Flicker and otehr skills with this axe all with the same colouring of RRRGGB

same as above.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
Hahaha man, I wrote a legit book up there explaining everything. No offense, but if you're looking to pimp your beta axe while choosing not to understand, then you will not understand.

As I said in my book (lol), Rapid decay's MORE modifier only boosts other dot gems. Your ring will not be boosted by rapid decay's MORE (only the 10%inc from Q, which is negligible). So that means with your ring you have no need for both poison gem and rapid decay gems and you lose synergy bonus (eq dur/MORE dot).

What 2 damage gems would you put in the 6l instead? Faster attacks, bloodlust, or melee on full life? Added fire or P2l? The former three are laughable for EQ and BM users, and the latter two take away from your DOT damage because bleed is scaled off phys damage only and poison scaled off phys/chaos only. Elemental damage is only good for reveling in tooltip or upping your potential of 1shotting yourself to a reflect mob while on the road to 100. I never said beta axes do too much damage, I said that only chasing tooltip isn't the way to go.

I am a fan of logic :). If someone has implementation + theory record, I would listen to them over the guy that has only theory experience, but maybe that's just me and my darn logic. In your logic comparison you volunteered: you would be trump - the rich guy with no implementation experience who reads his newspaper everyday thinking he knows everything. I don't know who runs Taiwan and don't feel like googling it, but insert reference here ;)

Of course using multiple attacks with one weapon is important, the fact that you said it isn't just shows again what knowledge one can gain by actually using the weapons instead of having them sitting in stash tabs for eternity. Not everyone can afford a weapon for each skill. The Hate Splitter is the best weapon for the two best pve melee attacks and that does matter no matter what anyone says.

Hope this helps, and have a good day!
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 23, 2016, 12:03:18 PM
To help clarify, added this section on the main page:

The beauty of The Hate Splitter + Thoughts on Voidheart (Updated 6/23/16)

The beauty of the Hate Splitter:

1. Rapid Decay only boosts DOT gems it's linked to, it will not boost voidheart's DOT. With voidheart you will not use rapid decay because you will not use poison gem.

2. Rapid Decay 15%less skill effect duration effects EQ skill duration so you can achieve 45% less eq duration through helm mod + gem (synergy bonus unachievable anywhere else).

3. Most versatile - Hate Splitter is BiS weapon for both new-meta Earthquake, and old-meta Cyclone. Why get an inferior weapon that's more expensive and can only use one skill? Versatility is key in mirror weapons.

4. Bleed/Poison cannot deal reflect damage. Instead of investing in raw tooltip like the old beta days, you are investing in bleed which is actually better in terms of damage as well as survivability. This axe is perfect for someone wanting to hit level 100 with 2H Melee.

5. BiS 2H Melee weapon for both PvE and PvP.

6. Cheapest New Weapon mirror fee on entire server.

7. Range and Bleed of Disfavour, with more damage, and Maxmimum speed of a mirror weapon.

Thoughts from 6/8/2016

Lots of people have been hitting me up about this ring since it was just announced last night. I think this is a stop-gap ring to help leveling players progress. This is not an endgame item.

For starting out and PVE leveling, the ring is great - equip the marohi w/ EQ and this ring and that's about all you need.

Having said that, for endgame/pvp, I don't think it would be the ring of choice. I say this not just because I have the BiS bleed weapon, but the great thing about using 2H weapons is you can wear Kaom's. Wearing kaoms/bloodgrip/hrimnors (best build synergy), you rely heavily on your rings for res to stay capped or overcapped. I also feel it is mandatory to be over-capped on your resistances so Ele Weakness doesn't even affect you.

Also, with this axe, you can still achieve bleeding through Spectral Throw and other non-melee attacks that use a melee weapon. Voidheart affects melee hits only. Also, this axe has +2 range on it, which old mirrored axes do not. Old mirrored weapons, the crit nodes are wasted on RT builds which is highly inefficient if you are paying that much. For a 2H RT build, freeze immunity, chill immunity, ele weak immunity, and +2 Range is much more valuable than a bit more DPS because you cannot get those stats anywhere else.

This build accomplishes amazing DPS without a problem. It is survivability you must concentrate on to stay alive in endgame maps and to be competitive in PVP. Don't undercut your valuable ring slot with a flashy new leveling mod.

For example, just one of my rings:

~b/o 999 exa not for sale

140% Res/flat phys/t1 life. Let's just say you're okay with getting rid of the flat phys and 300 life for free bleed/poison, in order to come up with 140% res somewhere else you would have to make serious sacrifices. Also, poison is very nice but w/o linking rapid decay to poison gem (rapid decay's MORE only boosts DOT from other gems), it just isn't as formidable as the bleed itself, and you are better with a different setup.

You could get tons of res on your 6 jewels or other nodes on tree, but then how many mods are you wasting when you could have gotten more important synergy dmg/life and just put bleed on your weapon.

I would much rather have 6 jewels like this:

~b/o 999 exa not for sale

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info