Need help adjusting Molten Strike for better single target

I currently run Molten strike on my 84 Duelist, on a 5-linked Marohi Erqi. Support gems used for general map running/goofing around are: Concentrated effect, Life Leech, Multistrike and GMP.

This seems to do a pretty amazing job of clearing everything EXCEPT really ridiculously tough single targets. In recent Elreon missions (Level 7) I've gotten several 'destroy the cursed tomes' missions and even with only three targets, they are so damn tough I can't get them all dead in the short time limit. CLOSE to dead, but not all three.

Would switching out the support gems help? I imagine taking off GMP for something like Faster Attacks would make a decent difference. Thoughts?
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 5:34:11 PM
This is what I use with marohi aoe like MS. No gem swap.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2016, 3:01:40 AM
"
Gotar wrote:
Would switching out the support gems help? I imagine taking off GMP for something like Faster Attacks would make a decent difference. Thoughts?

It really depends on the way you scaled Molten Strike, if you heavily scaled projectiles GMP is an awesome support, otherwise it's kinda meh.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Use supports that affect both the initial hit and the projectiles, like added fire, faster attack, physical to lighting, etc. So yes, remove GMP and Conc effect too.
Note that it's much easier to find such supports in a crit build than in a non crit one.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
You should make your characters public so that people can look at your build for you. If you're struggling killing Elreon totems you're doing something seriously wrong. I believe it would help if you supported with slower projectiles, and have some kind of knockback, as it would allow the projectile to hit then same enemy more than once.
How do you do that? Make your characters public?
Account settings / privacy settings (on the right) / uncheck "set profile as private" and "hide characters tab"
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Thanks. Done, so people have an easier time viewing.

Hmm, right, so you got a general Molten strike setup without point blank and dedicated projectile scaling. In that case you could modify your tree a bit to take those universal leech passives and switch GMP and leech for Added fire and WED.

You lose only one point but you will be able to swap the leech gem out like this, you could also lose no points if you don't need mana leech so you take one more dex node and skip on that mana and hybrid leech.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 24, 2016, 3:49:22 AM
i saw your gear and build and the easiest way of fixing your single target damage fixing your gear in general.

your items have lots of flat elemental damage added. these are worthless for you. get rid of them. pick jewelry with flat PHYS damage and maybe with %weapon ele damage. flat ele roll does nothing for you

gmp on molten strike i consider waste of a gem slot.

molten - multistrike - wed - physToLight - melee phys (yes. i know it does not affect projectiles). as a sixth link you can try faster attacks or hypothermia (if you run hatred).

but start from fixing your gear - better jewelry will give you crazy dps increase as your current one simply does nothing
Last edited by sidtherat on May 24, 2016, 5:42:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info