Im not understanding current talk of coc/chaos nerfs...

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol nerfing Vegan mod would do literally nothing, Ascendancies have nothing to do with COC being strong or not because it was strong before they existed, you dont need a Volls devotion.

Lol trying to say EQ is broken when its what melee skill damage SHOULD be doing. EQ and Icecrash are good examples of where melee skills should be.

I love how one decent melee skill comes out and everyone calls it broken. They did the exact same with Ice Crash.

Yes obviously you know what you are talking about because I just explained that vagan mods give CoC builds the same damage as mirror level weapons for fractions of the cost, but nerfing it would be nothing. This isn't up for debate since it's math-wise already proven that vagan weapons for CoC give you mirror level performance for dirt cheap.

Obviously, your self-cast fireball would feel alot stronger if you got an 100+ exalt weapon for 20 chaos.

Also we aren't talking about whenever or not CoC was "strong". You nerf shit when it's overpowered or too cost efficient, shit being strong is 100% okay.

CoC discharge was strong.

Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge absurdly broken, but without that item it just becomes strong.

Why is mjolnir builds that spam lightning spells as much as CoC with discharge nearly being the same mechanic "okay" but not CoC discharge?

Legit yall because lazy as hell in attempting to nerf shit.

If your metric that "EQ" is decent, then vast majority of CoC builds would be decent too. It being melee has nothing to do with how it completely outperforms any other similar skill period in every shape and form.

CoC discharge is trivially simple to fix.

Remove discharge as a spell that can trigger.

Done. People can keep their LOL's devotions all they want, but without discharge around to abuse it, well, who gives a damn?

I also wonder...that or you can just gut voll's protector and skyforth with their PCoC ability the way Voltaxic Rift got blown up.

100% -> 40% on LOL's devotion. 25% -> 10% on Skyforth (think Occultist's Forbidden Power ascendancy). Both of them will still be terrific, just that you're going to really put a dent in discharge.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Lol nerfing Vegan mod would do literally nothing, Ascendancies have nothing to do with COC being strong or not because it was strong before they existed, you dont need a Volls devotion.

Lol trying to say EQ is broken when its what melee skill damage SHOULD be doing. EQ and Icecrash are good examples of where melee skills should be.

I love how one decent melee skill comes out and everyone calls it broken. They did the exact same with Ice Crash.

Yes obviously you know what you are talking about because I just explained that vagan mods give CoC builds the same damage as mirror level weapons for fractions of the cost, but nerfing it would be nothing. This isn't up for debate since it's math-wise already proven that vagan weapons for CoC give you mirror level performance for dirt cheap.

Obviously, your self-cast fireball would feel alot stronger if you got an 100+ exalt weapon for 20 chaos.

Also we aren't talking about whenever or not CoC was "strong". You nerf shit when it's overpowered or too cost efficient, shit being strong is 100% okay.

CoC discharge was strong.

Voll's devotion makes CoC discharge absurdly broken, but without that item it just becomes strong.

Why is mjolnir builds that spam lightning spells as much as CoC with discharge nearly being the same mechanic "okay" but not CoC discharge?

Legit yall because lazy as hell in attempting to nerf shit.

If your metric that "EQ" is decent, then vast majority of CoC builds would be decent too. It being melee has nothing to do with how it completely outperforms any other similar skill period in every shape and form.

Done. People can keep their LOL's devotions all they want, but without discharge around to abuse it, well, who gives a damn?

I also wonder...that or you can just gut voll's protector and skyforth with their PCoC ability the way Voltaxic Rift got blown up.

100% -> 40% on LOL's devotion. 25% -> 10% on Skyforth (think Occultist's Forbidden Power ascendancy). Both of them will still be terrific, just that you're going to really put a dent in discharge.

Removing discharge as a spell that can be triggered would rustle more people then GGG would like ;V

Well seeing how they are willing to blow up items like voltaxic rift without an legacy then devotion and skyforth could also be on the chopping block too.

Devotion is giving builds double the damage, perma/nearly perma physical immunuity, max out endurance charges (for resist and even more physical damage reduction), on a item that gives you pretty good stats. I'm amazed it even lasted this long compared to shavs.

If so, RIP my near perfect +1 curse voll's devo.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 27, 2016, 8:32:41 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Removing discharge as a spell that can be triggered would rustle more people then GGG would like ;V

Well seeing how they are willing to blow up items like voltaxic rift without an legacy then devotion and skyforth could also be on the chopping block too.

Devotion is giving builds double the damage, perma/nearly perma physical immunuity, max out endurance charges (for resist and even more physical damage reduction), on a item that gives you pretty good stats. I'm amazed it even lasted this long compared to shavs.

Oh, put a sock in it! You'd still have the Romira's banquet immortal call obnoxiousness.

As someone who owns a pair of Skyforths, I'd be fine with this change, honestly. I just want LOL-spin-and-win two-button Trickster to die. If you're going to play CoC, it should at least be some sort of interesting combination of spell spam, rather than simply having a zillion discharges going off every second because OPOP.

It just feels like CoC discharge is too much of a grocery list. LOL's devotion? Check. 6L LOL's protector? Check. Walk the Aether? Check.

1) Spin

2) Win

No need for flasks, no need for creativity, just two-button the whole game. It's so silly >_<.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Oh, put a sock in it! You'd still have the Romira's banquet immortal call obnoxiousness.

As someone who owns a pair of Skyforths, I'd be fine with this change, honestly. I just want LOL-spin-and-win two-button Trickster to die. If you're going to play CoC, it should at least be some sort of interesting combination of spell spam, rather than simply having a zillion discharges going off every second because OPOP.

It just feels like CoC discharge is too much of a grocery list. LOL's devotion? Check. 6L LOL's protector? Check. Walk the Aether? Check.

1) Spin

2) Win

No need for flasks, no need for creativity, just two-button the whole game. It's so silly >_<.

And? If it's too simple for you then don't play it.

As for it being OP, I have a much easier time killing uber with my trapper than my discharger. I clear maps way faster and safer with my explosive arrow marauder. I used to clear maps even faster with my LA voltaic char on talisman (but I got really bored with that play style).

Anyway, if it gets nerfed it gets nerfed. There are always fun builds to do in this game.
Well any build where you have to be in somethings face has more danger in poe universe. Its amazing to me that no matter how good coc builds get they do clear substantially slower then ranged or vms, guess the next thing is remove that 30% ms penalty from cyclone.
"
Fhark wrote:
Well any build where you have to be in somethings face has more danger in poe universe. Its amazing to me that no matter how good coc builds get they do clear substantially slower then ranged or vms, guess the next thing is remove that 30% ms penalty from cyclone.

And the movement tag while you're at it, please.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:

And the movement tag while you're at it, please.

If they want to make melee less annoying, remove or drastically reduce this arbitrary delay after moving/doing anything after or starting an melee attack.
Conversion from 100% to 60% is not going to change much, the only voltaxic build that actually got nerfed is the scion one(bers/deadeye), other than that is still going to be nearly as powerful as before.
I am expecting some kind of nerf for coc builds. I don't think it's going to be significant but they might nerf either damage with coc or the chance to crit, one or another. Or maybe it will stay the same, we shall see
Last edited by Dr1MaR on May 28, 2016, 12:27:42 AM
The difference between Discharge and Chaos Conversion is obtain-ability. Making a build around Discharge isn't as easy unless you want to include an item that is very hard to obtain "Voll's Devotion". Meanwhile, Voltaxic Rift, The Consuming Dark, & Infernal Mantle were easy to obtain and gave more benefits than they should have for their rarity.

Thanks to this chaos conversion quickly became the new meta with the easy to obtain and less restricting Uniques. Players took advantage of this over-site to build up what was essentially top tier builds without the required effort.

Discharge may be powerful, but the biggest downside is that it requires a player to build up charges before it can be used. Yes, there are ways to quickly build up charges, but you do not start out with the charges needed in order to get the build going.

With the new Juggernaut passive though discharge may become out of hand and scaled down later on to accommodate the change.

Side Note: I doubt CoC will be "Nerfed" since it does have plenty of downsides to it as well "Reflect, Lag, Obscured Vision, & Reliability"
Last edited by XerxezBreak on May 28, 2016, 12:34:16 AM
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
The difference between Discharge and Chaos Conversion is obtain-ability. Making a build around Discharge isn't as easy unless you want to include an item that is very hard to obtain "Voll's Devotion". Meanwhile, Voltaxic Rift, The Consuming Dark, & Infernal Mantle were easy to obtain and gave more benefits than they should have for their rarity.

Thanks to this chaos conversion quickly became the new meta with the easy to obtain and less restricting Uniques. Players took advantage of this over-site to build up what was essentially top tier builds without the required effort.

Discharge may be powerful, but the biggest downside is that it requires a player to build up charges before it can be used. Yes, there are ways to quickly build up charges, but you do not start out with the charges needed in order to get the build going.

With the new Juggernaut passive though discharge may become out of hand and scaled down later on to accommodate the change.

Side Note: I doubt CoC will be "Nerfed" since it does have plenty of downsides to it as well "Reflect, Lag, Obscured Vision, & Reliability"

Technically this is the most correct since GGG nerfs based on rarity/power given more often then now.

Aztiri acuity? Made it more rare.

Bringer of rain? Too common/cheap, better nerf it.

Shavs = keep nerfing it, then make it 4x more common since nobody used it

Skyforth = Powerful but rare on purpose

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info